Bagle-Head anyone???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
      No it's not man, there are limits to what looks ok an what looks just awful. For example, normal piercings compared to exaggerated expansion gauges.

The examples you listed seem ok to us because those are cultural aspects of a certain ancient society. They have a spiritual meaning. Most of those extreme things like the ones in the video have no cultural or historic backing. I agree that everyone should do what they want but some of those things are just plain dumb.
      Your making an objective argument. It makes no difference whether it's cultural, historical or anything else, I mean I can say that people who inject fat into their lips are as stupid as that, yet we accept that as normal.

I'm not saying I would do it and I agree it looks ridiculous but so does stretching your neck, wrapping your feet to make them look small, breaking your nose then re-shaping it, tattooing eyeliner and lipstick to your face...etc.

It's all the same to me and a matter of taste and objectivity as to what you deem "acceptable".

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Your making an objective argument. It makes no difference whether it's cultural, historical or anything else, I mean I can say that people who inject fat into their lips are as stupid as that, yet we accept that as normal.

I'm not saying I would do it and I agree it looks ridiculous but so does stretching your neck, wrapping your feet to make them look small, breaking your nose then re-shaping it, tattooing eyeliner and lipstick to your face...etc.

It's all the same to me and a matter of taste and objectivity as to what you deem "acceptable".
        The thing is that the examples you mentioned on your first comment are cultural heritage, its a tradition to them. Are they dumb looking? In my opinion, yes.

Now, when it comes to making a damn donut on your head, that's just a fad, so is stretching you earlobes too damn much and other fads we are experiencing. They're different because the later are just for shock value, they feed on the reactions people will get. The streched necks, to name one, is a tradition. It's part of their culture and it has a deep meaning to them.

Comment

What is "acceptable" is ofttimes dictated or influenced by the individuals mentality and or by an inherited cultural heritage.
          That said, forming a pocket on one's forehead by injecting saline, can be very dangerous, especially if bacteria is present in the medium. Having fun is one thing, following sound aseptic technique while having fun, is another area completely -- and the latter is where the fun turns ugly, real fast.

Comment

GIFSoup

Comment

The thing is that the examples you mentioned on your first comment are cultural heritage, its a tradition to them. Are they dumb looking? In my opinion, yes.

Now, when it comes to making a damn donut on your head, that's just a fad, so is stretching you earlobes too damn much and other fads we are experiencing. They're different because the later are just for shock value, they feed on the reactions people will get. The streched necks, to name one, is a tradition. It's part of their culture and it has a deep meaning to them.
              I understand but whether or not is has deeper meaning is irrelevant. Most cultures do these sort of things for aesthetic reasons, women in Asia think elongating their neck looks sexy, women in the west think injecting their lips with pig fat is also sexy, so it's just objective.

When you really think about it, it's all the same man. What looks good to one, might be absurd to another.

Comment

Lobe stretching is a tradition and cultural thing, as well. Granted it's been adopted by many in western civilization but it's origin is in traditional African tribal culture.

Comment

Would bang the chick that looks like a vampire

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    da fuqq. . . still wud smash one broad.

i'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that this man can take a punch

what a Cro-Magnon lookin bastard he is.

Comment

i couldn't get past the first needle insertion. you could see the damn needle in between her skull and the surface of her skin. f#ck that sh#t. i will vomit up all of the pistachios i just ate, and i don't want to do that.

getting a piercing or tattoo is different from making a permanent alteration to the shape of your forehead. at some level you've got to try and be considerate of others and think to yourself "people aren't going to want to see this."

i wouldn't care to have anything to do with those people.

Comment

Working...
                      X