No announcement yet.

The greatest/funniest boxing quotes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monkz View Post
    A reporter to Carmen Basilio - "I've pulled 10 sport writers from around the nation here, 9 of them pick Sugar Ray to win by a knockout tonight, what's your answer to that?".... "9 of 'em are wrong".
    Carmen was a straight up G

Comment

"I broke my back" -mike Tyson to jim grey after post fight after eiteinne

Comment

James toney - "I got everyone crying and whining,, bytchkco sisters crying, hasim Rahman and the whole Nation of Islam crying, lucky I didn't shove Some pork into his mouth"

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          James toney - "I got everyone crying and whining,, bytchkco sisters crying, hasim Rahman and the whole Nation of Islam crying, lucky I didn't shove Some pork into his mouth"
          Burgeeeer kiiiiiiiiing!!!!!

Comment

Larry Holmes, when asked how he wanted to be remembered: "As the world's oldest living man."

Comment

Toney had some doozies, but anything that came out of Randal "Tax" Cobbs mouth is not only classic, but hilarious!!

http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mes...tes-funny.html

Comment

"Shavers hit so hard he turned horse p*ss into gasoline! He hit me so hard he brought back tomorrow. When he hit me… I was seeing pink rats and cats and animals smoking cigarettes. I was in the land of make-believe."
                -James Tillis-

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  "You can run but you can't hide" - Joe Louis

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die" - Joe Louis

"The bigger they are the harder they fall" - 'Barbados Demon' Joe Walcott

"If they cut my bald head open, they will find one big boxing glove. That's all I am. I live it." --Marvin Hagler

" A bad heart? The son of a ***** doesn't have a heart" - Ray Arcel on rumors that Duran had a bad heart going into the Leonard fight.

"I fought Sugar Ray so many times I'm lucky I didn't get diabetes" Jack LaMotta

"To me, boxing is like a ballet - except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other" - Jack Handy

"When I came into boxing, I brought it to the next level with adverts and doing pantomime and people just got jealous of me doing that" -
                  Frank Bruno

"I was in a no-win situation, so I'm glad that I won rather than lost" Frank Bruno

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious." Alan Minter

Who was Joe Louis referring to when saying the run but can't hide quote? And I heard Lennox Lewis had a similar quote when fighting Herbie Hide that went "He can Herbie but he can't Hide."

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Who was Joe Louis referring to when saying the run but can't hide quote? And I heard Lennox Lewis had a similar quote when fighting Herbie Hide that went "He can Herbie but he can't Hide."
                    joe louis was referring to billy conn

Comment

Nice. I guess he was right in the end. But Conn should've tried a little harder to run in those later rounds to win a decision. Or at least stick and move, be a moving target.

Comment

Working...
                      X