Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Terence Crawford have so many detractors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I have no problem with Pac fighting for money, it is called prize fighting. All I ask is he give up the belt is he's gonna do that and let the young guys fight each other for it
    Well that's not going to happen obviously.

Comment

I have no problem with Pac fighting for money, it is called prize fighting. All I ask is he give up the belt is he's gonna do that and let the young guys fight each other for it
      Isnt Spence the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        Isnt Spence the mandatory.
        Spence is the mandatory for the IBF. That's why he's fighting Brook. Horn is ranked #2 by the WBO. Bradley is ranked #1 by the WBO. If Crawford moves up he'll become Pacquiao's mandatory since he's the WBO champ at 140.

Comment

I like Crawford, always have. He's talented and finishes opponents. He can fight from both stances. He's not brash...I think he gets hate because he's with arum. That's my opinion

Comment

Spence is the mandatory for the IBF. That's why he's fighting Brook. Horn is ranked #2 by the WBO. Bradley is ranked #1 by the WBO. If Crawford moves up he'll become Pacquiao's mandatory since he's the WBO champ at 140.
            Ok, I thought Soence was no 2 for the wbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
              All he does is go out and demolish his opponents. I hear people saying TC should move up because of his height, size, and reach. Was Postol asked to move up before fighting Crawford? He's 3 inches taller than Crawford with a 3½ inch reach advantage. Why weren't people demanding he move up for the same reasons? The same with Golovkin, nobody ever demanded that he moved to 168.

Is it because he's black? Because that's what it seems like.
              Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Most of his detractors are supporters of other "black" boxers. It's mostly because he's with Top Rank and under Arum. "Floyd left Arum but Bud's an Arum puppet"........seen that sentiment several times.

Like him or not, Bud is truly one of the best P4P boxers in the world.

Because no one wants to watch fights against dulome lundy diaz or any of these other bums he fights.

The most suspect thing about him for me is his total refusal to fight punchers.

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
              Man, I don't even want to say my opinion on this. One of the main things that turn me off from the sport, and even the forum.

The problem goes several directions though, and a lot of people criticize it only to do it themselves later on. Some try to hide it, pretending they're giving others a taste of their own medicine, but it doesn't matter. Once you're part of that the stench of it sticks with you.
              err what??
              This isn't about Crawford is it?

Comment

The showboating did him no favours and yes he needs to move up and make big fights a WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
                  The only times I've seen people talk negatively about Bud is because of his antics outside of the ring. Only some of his fans are always going on about how all he gets is hate around here.
                  What "antics" outside the ring are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    The showboating did him no favours and yes he needs to move up and make big fights a WW.
                    The only people that don't like showboating are the ones that CANT showboat....and he only has a few fights at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      The only people that don't like showboating are the ones that CANT showboat....and he only has a few fights at 140.
                      People that don't like people humiliating a beaten foe because there's no need.

Comment

Working...
                      X