No announcement yet.

It wasn't a stamina issue for AJ, he got rocked being reckless again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Yea Wlad never goes to the body one of my biggest things that always bugs me watching him fight. I get it against smaller guys because he would open himself up, but fighting a man of similar dimensions it doesn't make that much of a difference.

It would have been nice to see him try something a bit different and leaving no stone unturned. Especially in those rounds where Joshua was doing nothing there were so many opportunities because Joshua was totally focused on head defense. Most fighters would hit his midsection which was wide open and made the whole situation worse.
    I know. Joshua was already gassed and barely throwing for a good 2 rounds after he was dropped. Body shots right then would have basically put an end to Joshua getting a second wind i think. Wladimir at that point was too cautious looking to land that big right again or the left hook but Wlad always only has them few punches in his arsenal and never strays from them no matter what the situation is in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      I know. Joshua was already gassed and barely throwing for a good 2 rounds after he was dropped. Body shots right then would have basically put an end to Joshua getting a second wind i think. Wladimir at that point was too cautious looking to land that big right again or the left hook but Wlad always only has them few punches in his arsenal and never strays from them no matter what the situation is in front of him.
      He really wouldn't even have done what he did in round 5 but Joshua basically forced him to fight back because that is not his nature. Round 6 he was a bit aggressive and landed his big right but as Joshua backed off Wlad just fell back into his standard cautious mode.

Wlad has a good style but he has become a prisoner of it even if he has the talent to do different things he just can't. That is the problem with being highly focus on a particular way of fighting, there is no perfect way and once holes start appearing they can;t be fixed easily because everything is so ingrained.

Comment

I noticed as early as round 3 AJ had his mouth hanging open, he was already getting tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          I noticed as early as round 3 AJ had his mouth hanging open, he was already getting tired.
          I said that too when watching it.

One thing i don't understand is why has he got that physique if it's considered so detrimental to his stamina in boxing? It's not just fans on forums saying it, but other boxers, pundits, commentators, trainers etc. etc. they all talk about it. I understand he has it and he's built for power but you would think he has enough experience around him in his team to make sure he's in a suitable shape for endurance too.

Before tonight, i actually thought about it a few times and thought maybe he does actually have good stamina despite his physique because he's surrounded by such a pro team and surely they wouldn't overlook something so big would they? - but after tonight i've gone back to thinking he does gas easily. Surely that's something they will want to rectify.

Comment

Working...
          X