Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Sergey Kovalev - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mindset of some Americans seem to be as long our fighter doesnt get knocked out he wins the fight, if a round is close it goes to the American fighter by Default. Laughable.

Comment

Kov got credited with 10 power shots in round 10 lmfao, he landed 1 that whole round, the rest were jabs. Kov fans are giving him credit for missed punches lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        a body jab is probably the least significant scoring punch you can land. i can think of a couple of half decent body shots he landed and thats about it, and there wasnt many more significant shots upstair either.
        Least significant? So what power shots worth a million points more than overall effective boxing on your fantasy score card?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          Kovalev "slowed down" and STILL landed more punches then Ward. (on a round by round basis, I'm not even saying for the duration of the entire fight).

That's the best you got, I mean, really? Its come down to this? Just rewatch the fight dude, you'll see the light. Lol
          No, he won't see the light because he's deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            The mindset of some Americans seem to be as long our fighter doesnt get knocked out he wins the fight, if a round is close it goes to the American fighter by Default. Laughable.
            That's not always the American mindset, but it was last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Clear Robbery, everyone knows it except some very dumb people. Ward himself knows it, you just need to look at his reaction when he heard the scorecards and was announced as the winner.

Kovalev threw more punches, landed more, did more damage, knocked Ward down and yet he lost the fight? Oh yeah. 3 US Refs, US Judge, US Crowd, US Stadium all versus one Russian. Pretty clear whats going on.

Boxing suffers and loses a ton of fans and they wonder why the sport is becoming irrelevant.
              I'm not certain but didn't the audience boo the decision when Max Kellerman was interviewing Ward ?

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
                Least significant? So what power shots worth a million points more than overall effective boxing on your fantasy score card?
                A powerful straight right to the head is more of a scoring punch than a Jab to the body. Do I really need to explain that to you?

Comment

add Larry Merchant to the list, who said that he had Kovalev winning "by three or four"

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    As I suspected, outside of the lopsided 2nd, the connects in all of the other rounds were pretty much even, with Ward having the better percentage in pretty much all the rounds. The judges seemed to favor Ward's more percise blows, in the face of a storm, over Kovalev's aggression.
                    Does your trouble in addition go back to being asleep in math class in school? Kovalev won 2 of 3 categories... power punches and total punches. Ward won on ONE category. And Kovalev was champ, who dropped Ward and annihilated him first 5-6 rounds. And won other rounds as well. You're way off, sorry friend.

Comment

Whoever trusts in Compubox's stats is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom (the one who ignores Compubox's stats) and watches fights thoroughly, ignoring the commentary and just seeing and hearing what is a connected punch and what is not BY HIMSELF, and then thoroughly and carefully takes note of it, will be set straight.

Comment

Working...
                      X