No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Wade - April 23 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Canelo will weigh over 170 pounds in the ring against a guy who's never fought over 147 and was getting rocked by Chris Algieri for crying out loud and he's fighting for the lineal middleweight championship?
    Chris Algieri is an underrated beast. That's what happens when you fight someone who doesn't suck. And that's another example of what happens when you fight a decent fighter from a lower weight class. Lineal schmedial. Canelo has never fought an actual middleweight and shouldn't be treated as one in this fight. He's a legit jr middleweight fighting at +1 pounds. Khan rehydrates in the low 160s now. 10lbs difference will help Canelo, but it's not the end all be all. Canelo's power is ridiculously overrated.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Wade is an actual middleweight ranked #3 by the IBF, Khan isn't ranked at 160 or even 154.
    "Ranked by [insert sanctioning body here] is always one of the lamest justifications for merit of ability I hear around here. Sanctioning body rankings are completely irrelevant and should not be in any conversation. It's even lamer when you admit he got a gift against in his previous fight, which makes the rankings even more irrelevant.

I'd give Wade more of a shot than winning than Khan has over Canelo. It's absolutely absurd (it definitely should be a non title match).
    Odds makers probably disagree with you. Canelo is only a -250 betting favorite. What do think the odds would be if Canelo fought Wade?

There's really no hope in this conversation going anywhere when you you think Murray would beat Lara cause has never fought at 160 doe.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Chris Algieri is an underrated beast.
      And now I know you're trolling.

Canelo has never fought an actual middleweight and shouldn't be treated as one in this fight.
      Canelo just won the WBC/Ring middleweight belts. He IS middleweight champion. So you're arguing that the middleweight champion shouldn't be treated as such and is perfectly ok with fighting a mediocre welterweight? Brilliant. This kind or logic is exactly whats wrong with boxing (when fans make these kinds of absurd excuses).

If Canelo doesn't want to be a middleweight champion there is a simple solution - drop the belt. Fight Khan at 154 or even below. But we both know he won't do that for two reasons, 1. He wants to be champion and 2. He doesn't want to fight below 155 pounds! That's called a ****ing middleweight.

"Ranked by [insert sanctioning body here] is always one of the lamest justifications for merit of ability I hear around here. Sanctioning body rankings are completely irrelevant and should not be in any conversation. It's even lamer when you admit he got a gift against in his previous fight, which makes the rankings even more irrelevant.
      How can they be irrelevant when these very same rankings are creating fights? This is a mandatory situation, this is the IBF, the same group who made Bernard Hopkins fight Kuro Murat and Kovalev fight Muhammadi. Obviously it's very relevant. Like I said a bunch of times, IBF rankings suck more often than not and it sucks Golovkin has to waste time with Wade but it's a mandatory, its either fight a unification fight, which he tried to do with Canelo and BJS and was rejected, fight the mandatory or get stripped. This is how it works. There has to be some kind of structure here not some free for all otherwise it's not a sport. You know you can't have it both ways, I've seen you complain about the WBC, the WBA whoever not enforce their rules but complain here when they are.

Odds makers probably disagree with you. Canelo is only a -250 betting favorite. What do think the odds would be if Canelo fought Wade?

There's really no hope in this conversation going anywhere when you you think Murray would beat Lara cause has never fought at 160 doe.
      So you think Lara would dominate the middleweight division? Its crazy for me to think Lara, the guy who got a lucky draw against Carlos Molina, dropped twice against Angulo and lucky to escape with a draw against Vanes is some middleweight beast without ever fighting there? If he actually would dominate his own division then I would agree but he hasn't even done that.

Those extremely early odds are more of a testament at how good the boxing world views Golovkin compared to Canelo. If Canelo is only a 250 favorite over chinny Khan then perhaps he isn't as good as people say he is (although I'm sure those odds will change massively).
      Last edited by ИATAS; 02-02-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        good fighters in lower weight class > **** fighters in same weight class

Why do you care about what Golovkin cares about? You should be demanding good fights and ****ting on bad fights regardless. If GGG really cared about only fighting fighters whose name starts with the letter Z, would you support that too?
        Actually Khan is a big name at 147... and he likely doesn't beat any half decent middleweight. Dare i say that even someone like Wade would be favored vs. Khan.

secondly i dont care what golovkin cares about, i am just pointing out what he cares about. He made his intention's clear that he wants to unify the division and for that i am not blaming him for doing his best to try accomplish his goal.

Don't get it mixed up with me wanting him to fight Wade, i would much rather him say fck the belts and just start fighting the best he can get into the ring with him such as... well actually only two i can think of is Degale... or Jack... cause no one at middleweight wants a piece of that pie... maybe Lara but personally i think that fight is also a mismatch but a lot of you seem to think it will be competitive... or maybe not competitive but just want to see how GGG handles Lara, maybe just a confirmation of his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Damn haymon and his in house fights. Crap match though. At least he fights at 160

When I saw that Canelo vs Khan was made last night I nearly sh|t myself LOL. I am still in disbelief. This one is expected, and it is headache inducing, but I can at least see why it is happening.

Comment

Working...
          X