Collapse
No announcement yet.

mares ko's moreno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moreno 118-110 in an easier than expected fight. Think Whitaker/Chavez without the horrible decision.

Comment

This fight reminds me Buddy vs Whitaker.

Mares is a solid guy but doesn't have the power or skills needed to beat Moreno.

Comment

I doubt Mares scores a ko, but I don't know who will win.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
          I doubt Mares scores a ko, but I don't know who will win.
          this is a toss-up best matchup of the year if u ask me

Comment

Not happening, Mares isn't stopping Moreno on the basis that his power is a tiny bit above average and he won't land enough to accomplish this.

Comment

Moreno is winning this one. His defensive skills are extraordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                Moreno hasn't been fighting better competition. His best win is who? Vic Darchinyan?

Mares beat Agbeko 2X, Darchinyan, and the draw with Perez(sn:I thought Mares won that fight clearly 8 rounds to 4)

Mares is one of my favorite fighters right now. I love his style. Dude is never in a boring fight.

That being said, I think Moreno should be the favorite. He's been very impressive his last few fights, but Mares is a tough fight for anyone from 118-122. I wouldn't be surprised if Mares found a way to outwork Moreno to a close UD win.

You're forgetting Sydorenko x2 who beat Agbeko, Cermeno x2 who was ploughing through everybody. De La Mora who arguably beat Kameda in his only loss.
                Moreno has been fighting decent opposition for a while and he has some very good wins which tend to get overlooked.
                He is far from a guy whose only beaten one decent opponent in Darchinyan.

The only reason Mares is so hot is because of that little tournament where he arguable lost to both Darchinyan & Agbeko (1st fight) and got a draw against Perez who never was ****. Eric Morel just got smashed to bits by Leo Santa Cruz.
                See how easy that was to flip the script?

Moreno takes a decision for me, in an easier fight than expected.

Comment

moreno has a good defense. slips angle etc. with that being said. Mares by UD12

Comment

I think Moreno is just little too much for Mares, who may have some moments, but not near enough to win. Chemito will finally get the recognition he deserves.

Comment

can't see mares ko'ing moreno...i think moreno ud's mares.

Comment

Working...
                      X