Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz: I Wasn't Knocked Out By Wilder; Was Completely Fatigued

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ortiz: I Wasn't Knocked Out By Wilder; Was Completely Fatigued

LOS ANGELES The lasting image from Deontay Wilder's 10th-round technical knockout of Luis Ortiz is one of Ortiz, battered and beaten, on his gloves and knees. Referee David Fields kneeled beside Ortiz as soon as he suffered that second knockdown in the 10th round. Fields sensed Ortiz had endured more than enough punishment, thus he immediately waved an end to their scheduled 12-round fight for Wilder's WBC heavyweight title in March 2018 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He had nothing left

Comment

Few weird things happened in that first fight that are mostly acknowledged by fans of both sides. Or maybe not. Something I consider strange happened in the tenth that hasn't been stated yet. Or maybe someone did point it out and I missed it. I watched the fight again recently. In the tenth, both men had a swing at each other almost simultaneously, which instantly led to the first KD. Wilder either connected first or hit the harder in that instance. Now here comes the weird part. The ref, after instructing Wilder to a corner, seemed to have considered the KD a slip and didn't initiate the count. He went over to Ortiz (who was on his knee) and practically held him up to his feet and then resumed the fight. The ringside commentators pointed it out and seemed to express their confusion: was it a KD or a slip? I personally think it was a clear KD, but the ref didn't threat it as such. Wilder subsequently went in for the next KD/KO and the rest is history.
      I wish to add that, either way, Wilder would have knocked Ortiz out in that tenth. But did anyone also notice that little oddity I just pointed out?
      Last edited by BoxOfficer; 11-19-2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

That Ali Shuffle he did that night was flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
          Few weird things happened in that first fight that are mostly acknowledged by fans of both sides. Or maybe not. Something I consider strange happened in the tenth that hasn't been stated yet. Or maybe someone did point it out and I missed it. I watched the fight again recently. In the tenth, both men had a swing at each other almost simultaneously, which instantly led to the first KD. Wilder either connected first or hit the harder in that instance. Now here comes the weird part. The ref, after instructing Wilder to a corner, seemed to have considered the KD a slip and didn't initiate the count. He went over to Ortiz (who was on his knee) and practically held him up to his feet and then resumed the fight. The ringside commentators pointed it out and seemed to express their confusion: was it a KD or a slip? I personally think it was a clear KD, but the ref didn't threat it as such. Wilder subsequently went in for the next KD/KO and the rest is history.
          I wish to add that, either way, Wilder would have knocked Ortiz out in that tenth. But did anyone also notice that little oddity I just pointed out?
          You mean when Wilder threw Ortiz into the ropes?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
            Where is that? His First kd in 10th got counted...

Comment

That headline had me lmao.. Ortiz knows dam well that had that fight continued he would have been knocked out cold. Stiverne style.

Comment

Ortiz dropped like a sack of potatoes when Wilder landed that last uppercut on him. I think that was much more than fatigue.

He's a good fighter and I respect him but he's making himself look bad with all these lame excuses. Just shut your mouth and win the rematch.

Comment

Uhmmmm.....

Not a huge Wilder fan but that's BS. Ortiz got KTFO.

Comment

Ortiz looked completely exhausted at the end. Doesn’t really matter. If he got up again, he would’ve been sent into unconsciousness. Luis took a lot of hard shots in that fight well. But you can’t just eat those bombs like candy. Sooner or later they’ll catch up to you, as they obviously did.

Comment

Working...
                    X