Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should DAZN continue attracting OUTSIDE markets &Ent. to Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should DAZN continue attracting OUTSIDE markets &Ent. to Boxing?

It’s either we are content for it to be niche or complain that its niche?

I had no interest AT ALL in this KSI Paul event, but isn’t in a win for boxing. Many of us don’t care for such awkward events, but OUR INDUSTRY writers or sites including NSB were promoting and reporting it.

In the end, isn’t the target so that more people are attracted to boxing?

It’s rather genius what DAZN did. Let’s be honest!

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post

I had no interest AT ALL in this KSI Paul event, but isn’t in a win for boxing. Many of us don’t care for such awkward events, but OUR INDUSTRY writers or sites including NSB were promoting and reporting it.

Similar to Floyd/Conor, just not as successful as that fight.

If you think bringing in outside fans to boxing is good, make sure to post this when its done by someone other than DAZN.

Comment

Well, I think we in trouble if we getting charge ppv for a 6 rounder,amateur fight with 16 oz gloves

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

If you think bringing in outside fans to boxing is good, make sure to post this when its done by someone other than DAZN.
        That’s not even the same.

Floyd vs Connor was a one time event. DAZN subs worldwide either benefited from a month worth of content or a year worth of content depending on the purchase. We know most people bought a $20 DAZN sub or the UK PPV. DAZN UK is coming regardless.

The biggest stars in Boxing vs MMA didn’t attract casuals but moreso the diehards from either industry.

Youtubers battling it out in boxing is completely original. They weren’t even combat fighters and yet were throwing into boxing like some pimps.

Don’t feel salty with your last remarks.

Comment

The funny part is that the first KSI vs Logan Paul fight was promoted in the same way as Floyd vs Mcgregor, effectively rinsing the theme eg flamboyant ****y white trash talker vs black guy. Yet, some genius decided to promote Tyson vs Wilder in the same format in the same year..and it did the worst numbers of all 3.

Comment

That’s not even the same.

Floyd vs Connor was a one time event. DAZN subs worldwide either benefited from a month worth of content or a year worth of content depending on the purchase. We know most people bought a $20 DAZN sub or the UK PPV. DAZN UK is coming regardless.

The biggest stars in Boxing vs MMA didn’t attract casuals but moreso the diehards from either industry.

Youtubers battling it out in boxing is completely original. They weren’t even combat fighters and yet were throwing into boxing like some pimps.

Don’t feel salty with your last remarks.
            Similar to Floyd/Conor, just not as successful. People might buy a dazn sub doesn't mean they watch it daily or watch the fights on it.

Youtubers is not original dude. This is celebrity boxing just on DAZN. This is essentially Screech vs Horseshack 2.

Please, stop your slurpage.

Comment

Not just DAZN, man. All the content providers and promotions should be loking at ways to expose the sport to as many new viewers as possible. That shit ain't to my taste, but the more eyes on the sport the better.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-12-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Youtubers is not original dude. This is celebrity boxing just on DAZN. This is essentially Screech vs Horseshack 2.
                Lol. Again, you’re focusing on the celebrities. Tsk tsk.

The point is to attract casuals to BOXING you dummy

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Not just DAZN, man. All the content providers and promotions should be loking at ways to expose the sport to as many new viewers as possible. That shit ain't to my taste, but the more eyes on the sport the better.
                  That’s what I’m saying. The point is to get casuals to focus on back catalogue. If someone bought the joke of KSI Paul then I’d imagine in a months time they might scout other content from back catalogue out of curiosity. If they like what they see, then its a win for boxing.

Comment

Lol. Again, you’re focusing on the celebrities. Tsk tsk.

The point is to attract casuals to BOXING you dummy
                    The point was to make money. If they wanted to attract casuals to the sport they would've put on much better quality fights on the card with them.

The point you highlight here about Screech/Horseshack 2 was in response to your point about it being original. It wasn't original. Celebrity boxing show put on fights like this all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X