Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't anyone question about Bernard Hopkins when he beat Kelly Pavlik at the ag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't anyone question about Bernard Hopkins when he beat Kelly Pavlik at the ag

That was the fight where many people didn't think Hopkins had a chance since he just lost and was facing the guy who beat Taylor (same guy who beat Hopkins twice) twice, plus he was already 43 years old fighting a younger undefeated puncher. Not only did Hopkins win convincingly and in one sided fashion he gave one of his best performances to date

So why doesn't anyone question Hopkins? Has there been any kind of testing for that fight?
    Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 07-22-2019, 09:04 AM.

Raycism probebly

Comment

They did... most Pacquiao fans dont know this because they started watching boxing after the Cotto fight

Comment

Because a black person is somehow the only race of person capable of performing well at older ages without drugs aiding him. Apparently.

Comment

Pavlik claimed he was sick for the fight.

Also if you go back and watch the fight Larry Merchant says in the very beginning, "Bernard Hopkins said this would be a fight between two construction workers over a sandwich. Let's see if its a turkey sandwich or a roast beef sandwich." and after all these years I still don't know what that means.

Comment

who is saying pac man was on roids tho? I don't see a big cry for that. that was a great night of boxing.

Comment

When are you guys gonna get over this?

Hopkins never tested positive.

Pacquiao never tested positive.

Marquez never tested positive.

Mayweather never tested positive.

In my opinion, that should be where it ends.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I believe that fight was at a catchweight of 165 pounds. Kelly Pavlik hadn't fought over 160 up to that point, nor should he have. Hopkins fought as high as 175. He was more acclimated to the higher weight which means several things. Pavlik would be sluggish and slow. He also had no chance of hurting Hopkins.

Bottom line, weight classes matter. It's not like the smaller weight classes where you can keep moving up until you reach the threshold of 147. 160-168 is the most devastating jump in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  When are you guys gonna get over this?

Hopkins never tested positive.

Pacquiao never tested positive.

Marquez never tested positive.

Mayweather never tested positive.

In my opinion, that should be where it ends.
                  Divine Hammer is on a warpath bumping old ass threads so I'm going to say never

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    Divine Hammer is on a warpath bumping old ass threads so I'm going to say never
                    LMAO. I literally just left this thread and ran into a thread with that clown spreading pure ignorance, not knowing what the hell he is talking about and trying to pass it off as truth.

Thanks for the heads up. I won't feed the trolls.

Comment

Working...
                    X