No announcement yet.

If SRR beat Maxim.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If SRR beat Maxim.

What if Robinson had beaten Maxim, and won the LHW title? How much more would that have added to his legacy, being a three weight world champion?

People would then rank him over Armstrong and the others without question. As it stands now, some rank Armstrong as GOAT and I happen to be one of them, but I've changed my opinion on that several times.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010
      People would then rank him over Armstrong and the others without question. As it stands now, some rank Armstrong as GOAT and I happen to be one of them, but I've changed my opinion on that several times.
      I think Robinson would have been a 3 weight champion if Angott's title had been on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        I think Robinson would have been a 3 weight champion if Angott's title had been on the line.
        Yes than beating maxim would have made him a 4 weight champ without any Jr division titles an unbelievable accomplishment. I do not think he would defend the light heavy title

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          Yes than beating maxim would have made him a 4 weight champ without any Jr division titles an unbelievable accomplishment. I do not think he would defend the light heavy title
          Keep in mind, Robinson fought at a time when there were only 8 weight classes. Like you said, there were no Jr. weight classes. When Robinson went up to MW, he had to gain 10 lbs. Winning world titles in more than one weight class was a LOT rarer back then. Winning titles in 4 weight classes would have been unheard of.

Also keep in mind that that was an old Robinson, who was fighting in a division he had no business fighting in, and he was winning the fight handily.

As great as Robinson was, I doubt he would have been able to defend the LHW title.
          Last edited by VG_Addict; 05-24-2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

As great as Robinson was, I doubt he would have been able to defend the LHW title.
            Archie Moore was the long avoided contender for the title, but chances are that if Robinson took the crown he might of went for one more in Ezzard Charles.

So highly regarded was Robinson that the potential match-up had been spoken about for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
              Archie Moore was the long avoided contender for the title, but chances are that if Robinson took the crown he might of went for one more in Ezzard Charles.

So highly regarded was Robinson that the potential match-up had been spoken about for some time.
              I don't see Robinson winning that fight.

If he had fought and beaten Charles though, that would have been absolutely insane.

Comment

If he had fought and beaten Charles though, that would have been absolutely insane.
                My apologizes, by the time the Robinson-Maxim fight came to be, Charles had already lost the title to Walcott.

Comment

What if Robinson had beaten Maxim, and won the LHW title? How much more would that have added to his legacy, being a three weight world champion?
                  If he had won, I think he'd be considered the greatest ever.

Comment

He would never have beaten Charles in all honesty though.

Comment

Working...
                    X