Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm confused.... Why not just have ONE. champion and belt for each weight class?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused.... Why not just have ONE. champion and belt for each weight class?

What is the point of multiple champions and belts? Wouldn't boxing be a lot more interesting if it was just one champion and a belt?

Boxing is a business not really a sports, Get ready to see every tv network with a belt

Comment

Because, you can’t really go back to where it was when there’s businesses involved.

Boxing is a fragmented sport and not under one company, unlike UFC, who can have one belt that represents their company.

Boxing is load of companies doing business with each other, with no overall commission, it’s very rare in that respect.

The WBC, IBF etc.. are not going to close their business down just so boxing can have one champ per division. It’s like Pepsi closing down their business so only Coca Cola can exist.

Unless one of the belt organisations go bust, i would say it’s more likely in future to get more recognised belts per division than less.

Comment

Money. It's all about Money.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
          What is the point of multiple champions and belts? Wouldn't boxing be a lot more interesting if it was just one champion and a belt?
          It's capitalism. My greed helps everybody!
          "In boxing, the only color that matters is green."

Comment

That is why amateur boxing is healthier with one Olympic Games per 4 years.

Comment

Boxing organizations are businesses and competitors to each other. And each of them wants to earn money.

Comment

Rules and regs are slightly different. Officially the WBC rules is the WBC's stance on how boxing should be boxed, they made **** like the ten point must. The WBO's stance is the same, I dunno right off hand what they do differently from the others....and it seems like everyone uses the WBC's ten point system, but, I'm sure if you looked for rule differences between WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO you'd find them.

It's a little bit like the LPRR vs the QB title. Bodies is just another rule change with a title that represents those rules.

Pretty sure the IBF and WBO both formed out of pissiness for how rankings are done by the WBA, but, it's been a while.

Comment

I think for boxing to survive, it will eventually have to organize.

Every other sport has a system in place to determine who’s the best. That’s what Americans like.

Comment

- -Shoulda stopped with U Confused...

Comment

Working...
                    X