Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Wilder get let off for beating up women, but not Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    I see nobody other than Dunn can answer my question. Let's face it, Wilder likes to come across as some American hero, but he's no better than Floyd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Uh, absolutely I answered your question. HOW can anyone condemn Wilder for something they DIdN't KNOW about him?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Uh, absolutely I answered your question. HOW can anyone condemn Wilder for something they DIdN't KNOW about him?
      You are correct but that is kind of the point of this thread( as I interpreted it)-why does NSB not talk more about Wilder's DV.

Comment

If wilder starts making million dollar purses they will find reasons to hate. But he ain't that big yet now

Comment

The problem here is easily explained. According to recent statistics, over 94% of American men have attacked, injured severely beaten women. Mike Tyson, Wilder, Lampley, Broner, Mayweather etc, etc.

Unfortunately Americans seem to think that this is acceptable.

An American man hitting his girlfriend or wife is something that Americans joke about on a Sat night with their friends, it's seen as perfectly normal. Here lies yet another issue with Americans.

Perhaps if they were not so fat and stupid then they might not do it ?

But yeah, in short, 94% of American men are wife beaters. FACT.

Comment

Not sure many knew about this I know I didn't until I read this post. Looks like his domestic issue was like 3 years ago. I think it's simple wilder wasn't a world champ until last year. Prior to that he was fighting mainly on under cards and was a prospect. And even know he's not that big really only die hard boxing fans know who he is. Floyd is a much bigger name and superstar that casual fans know and remember his first few domestic violence issues were largely ignored by boxing fans. It wasn't until he beat up his baby moma in front of his kids and his son statement to the police officer leaked I believe by tmz that Floyd really got heat. And that's when people dug into his long pattern of domestic violence past and the outrage came.

Same with Ray rice he is not the first NFL player to hit a woman many lesser named players did that and worse. But ray rice was a superstar name and we had a tmz video. Same with paquiao he is not the first boxer to say things about gay people there are many lesser named boxers who have said worse and it doesnt become a big story. The bigger name you are the more attention you get. Wilder was simply too unknown to grab headlines and people to care.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
              The problem here is easily explained. According to recent statistics, over 94% of American men have attacked, injured severely beaten women. Mike Tyson, Wilder, Lampley, Broner, Mayweather etc, etc.

Unfortunately Americans seem to think that this is acceptable.

An American man hitting his girlfriend or wife is something that Americans joke about on a Sat night with their friends, it's seen as perfectly normal. Here lies yet another issue with Americans.

Perhaps if they were not so fat and stupid then they might not do it ?

But yeah, in short, 94% of American men are wife beaters. FACT.
              I think..what you're trying to say is most american men are closet f@gs's and they hate women, and are longing to come out and do a yusaf mack scene.
              I think you're spot on bud.

Comment

Wilder beat up a hooker. People dont generally care about hookers. Floyd beat up his kids' mother in front of them. Pretty big difference. Amazing how some people look at things in black and white and are completely incapable of understanding that not every situation is the same.

Comment

Tyson is a convicted rapist, Gatti, Monzon, SRR and many many more were woman beaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Tyson is a convicted rapist, Gatti, Monzon, SRR and many many more were woman beaters.
                    As i've already pointed out, almost 95% of American men are girlfriend or wife beaters. It's a terrible thing, but what else do you expect from such stupid people?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                      Not sure everyone knew that about Wilder. I didn't.

Mayweather, on the other hand, has a decorated past of domestic violence that stems back two decades. Some people only know Mayweather for his battering of woman (people that don't watch boxing, but follow the news only.)

So, not sure anyone is giving Wilder a pass here.
                      This here, less media attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X