No announcement yet.

who is the number 1 super middleweight in the word-FROCH OR WARD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    It's been 3 years since Ward fought a live body. In that period Froch has continued his fantastic streak. There must be a time where you can no longer justify having Ward on top based on a win a very long time ago. Given Froch's massive advantage in opposition faced since their bout I think Froch should be on top now. Ward cannot just fight windowcleaners and janitors on a yearly basis and expect to maintain the top slot based on the Froch win.
    You make good points but you are omitting the fact that if they were to fight tomorrow Ward would be the overwhelming favorite and the fact that despite the 1 score slimshandy69 listed ward thoroughly defeated Froch.

Comment

I think one thing that no one ever notes as well, is that the weight drained version of Dawson would have very likely been steam rolled by Froch. Imagine a fatigued and weakened Dawson trying to keep Carl off of him, thats a nightmare.

Comment

speaking of distinctly british phenomenon, how on earth do you guys keep a straight face when you dump on ward's resume? he f#cking whitewashed our carl. he also whitewashed our kessler, who beat froch. froch's win over kessler was over a very faded one. he's blind in one eye, and slow.

hell, he's not even good looking any more. prime kessler was a flipping dish, and could get it!

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
          I think one thing that no one ever notes as well, is that the weight drained version of Dawson would have very likely been steam rolled by Froch. Imagine a fatigued and weakened Dawson trying to keep Carl off of him, thats a nightmare.

dawson's movement would always trouble froch. dawson takes these gigantic steps. i've seen him fight live. you really can't appreciate how big his bones are until you're in the arena. he covers ground very easily, and froch's arm length wouldn't give him issues.

you all know damn well that you'd be championing chad dawson @ 168 if froch beat him.

yusaf mack was a 175 lber as well. unlike dawson, he sucked.

froch fans be like, "carl beat yusaf mack doe."

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            speaking of distinctly british phenomenon, how on earth do you guys keep a straight face when you dump on ward's resume? he f#cking whitewashed our carl. he also whitewashed our kessler, who beat froch. froch's win over kessler was over a very faded one. he's blind in one eye, and slow.

hell, he's not even good looking any more. prime kessler was a flipping dish, and could get it!
            Haha, please don't bring up Andre "accidental headbutt" Ward's win over Kessler where he clinched more than 100 times and headbuttet 5 times opening up cuts over both Kessler's eyes.

American school of boxing doe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              You make good points but you are omitting the fact that if they were to fight tomorrow Ward would be the overwhelming favorite and the fact that despite the 1 score slimshandy69 listed ward thoroughly defeated Froch.
              Yeah, but that depends how you rank them. You suggest a ranking based on the outcome of fantasyfights and possibly perceived skills while I prefer looking on actual recent resumé.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                dawson's movement would always trouble froch. dawson takes these gigantic steps. i've seen him fight live. you really can't appreciate how big his bones are until you're in the arena. he covers ground very easily, and froch's arm length wouldn't give him issues.

you all know damn well that you'd be championing chad dawson @ 168 if froch beat him.

yusaf mack was a 175 lber as well. unlike dawson, he sucked.

froch fans be like, "carl beat yusaf mack doe."
                Nobody's saying that at all. Yusuf Mack is the worst fighter Froch fought in damn near a decade everybody knows it and no one built up that win at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
                  Even Edison Miranda KO'ed drained Dawson ffs.

Comment

How can be this a serious question? If it's a serious question I suggest you to watch the Froch-Ward fight, you can find it on the internet, after that come back and tell meg who is the better boxer. Ward schooled Froch with one broken arm. This fact on it's own decide the whole question. Froch is more active since that fight? So who cares? Totally whatever, Ward had just a few fights but he had, and he HAS got a belt as well.
                    It's amaze me that some Froch fanboy/Ward hater still try to claim that Froch is the SMW #1 after Ward schooled him (the prime version).
                    Froch has beaten by Ward. The prime Froch. Easily.
                    Andre Ward is a better boxer than Carl Froch. Fact. Everyone knows who watch boxing. Move on, get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Groves would make easy work out of him.

I never said that, your man just spouted it as gospel! Groves at least have those three, Rodriguez literally doesn't have anyone on his resume as good as that version of Johnson or even Paul Smith. His best win is a guy who gave shattered bute a run for his money. I mean, come on.

Groves is a 10 times better fighter than Rodriguez easy, but Groves is not even the top of Froch's list, it was just a huge fight because of the circumstances.

Well, you're obviously ill informed regarding the last bit with Sky, so I'll leave that there.

it's my understanding that froch was on sky early on, and dropped. he was later picked up only after the other british fighters [hatton, haye, khan,] faded away. he's the crap left over. he gets sky's sloppy seconds. he's only become massively popular in the advent of the decline of khan, and the retirement of haye and hatton.

it's only a brit who champions the groves wins, and sh#Ts on the rodriguez win or the dawson win. george groves is a much lesser fighter than you appear to think he is. dawson is a better win than groves. they could have fought at 160. george groves is nobody, and only popular because he's a white british kid.

the wins really aren't all that different. froch struggled with groves. groves had him unconscious for a brief moment in the first fight. most british refs would have stopped that fight, and please don't show your bias and tell me that they wouldn't have stopped ward if he were hurt like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X