No announcement yet.

Khan angry at US customs, "they take the piss"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan angry at US customs, "they take the piss"

AMIR Khan said he was quizzed for two hours by US customs because he is a Muslim.

Amir Khan said officials “took the £!@%*£ again” as he landed in the States to train for his next fight.

Amir said “arrogant and unprofessional” staff held him a room because, he claims, of his religion.

The world WBA super lightweight champion Tweeted: “Landed in LA safe, but customs took the £!@%*£ again because I’m Muslim.

“Kept me in some holding room for over 2hours asking y my uncles with me. They where so arrogant and unprofessional. Didn’t no how to talk to pple, well I’m out now an it can’t get any worse.”

The 24-year-old Bolton fighter flew into Los Angeles at the weekend to start an eight-week training programme today for his title defence against an as yet unnamed opponent on July 23.

A source added: “It is not the first time Amir has been questioned at length when travelling to the USA.

“He feels he is being unfairly discriminated against because of his race and religion.”

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
      AMIR Khan said he was quizzed for two hours by US customs because he is a Muslim.

Amir Khan said officials “took the £!@%*£ again” as he landed in the States to train for his next fight.

Amir said “arrogant and unprofessional” staff held him a room because, he claims, of his religion.

The world WBA super lightweight champion Tweeted: “Landed in LA safe, but customs took the £!@%*£ again because I’m Muslim.

“Kept me in some holding room for over 2hours asking y my uncles with me. They where so arrogant and unprofessional. Didn’t no how to talk to pple, well I’m out now an it can’t get any worse.”

The 24-year-old Bolton fighter flew into Los Angeles at the weekend to start an eight-week training programme today for his title defence against an as yet unnamed opponent on July 23.

A source added: “It is not the first time Amir has been questioned at length when travelling to the USA.

“He feels he is being unfairly discriminated against because of his race and religion.”
      It was only for 2 hrs for Christ's sake and the Officials needed to make sure he wasnt a terrorist.I know people are detained for 6 hrs sometimes when they try to enter the UK and are only released when the officials are sure about whoever and this is not just against Pakistanis but everyone including Americans.Khan can scream all he likes and claim racism but how many swedish old ladies have been involved in terrorist activities against the USA?What this just means is he belongs to a risk group and being a boxer is irrelevant to the risk he poses to the American people.

Comment

I would of thought sitting down for two hours and talking about yourself would have been right up Kahns street.

Comment

It sucks but it's the world we live in now.....

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
            I would of thought sitting down for two hours and talking about yourself would have been right up Kahns street.
            LOL, good one.

Comment

Just tell us why you hid Osama in Pakistan.

Comment

Bradley had words with them to try and keep him out. But it ain't happening Timmy!!!

Khan's coming to get your 0.

Comment

Does he think all the USA officials know him?I'm sure anyone who sees a group of people from Pakistani at an airport would want to know why they are travelling.It's common sense and the only way to know the reasons is to separate these people,interview them as individuals then compare notes and release them only after noting there are no inconsistances in their stories.I know a lot of fighters,Christian Preachers who have been denied entry to the USA before and Khan is not an isolated incident.He probably thinks he's more important than he actually is.

Comment

havnt they heard of Google?

Comment

Working...
                    X