Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you really think Canelo might actually be 'great'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really think Canelo might actually be 'great'?

Do you think Canelo Alvarez has what it takes to become the next great fighter to come out of Mexico?
    Or do you think he might have a disaster waiting to happen ala Meldrick Taylor?

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
    Do you think Canelo Alvarez has what it takes to become the next great fighter to come out of Mexico?
    well see how he does today.I dont think he will be great,Maybe cotto good.

Comment

Too early to tell but I would say good, not great.

Comment

im not convinced,and even if he own matton,im still not convinced.

he needs to earn his way to titles tbh.

and he needs to fight tougher less worn and more skilled fighters.

i can see a big showdown with him and chavez jnr.although neither come close to the legends mexico has had in previous decades.

Comment

Not great. He will be very entertaining tho. He wont have the necessary comp to stake his claim. If he cant make 150 to fight the welters then he has no choice but to go up for better fights. I seriously cant imagine him giving Martinez or Williams problems anytime soon.

Comment

Firstly he needs to kill his the excessive eating habits that he picked up as a child.

Comment

id like to see him in there with a champ next but ma hatton is a definite step up in opposition and he should ko him. the other factor is he is only 20 so its possible but we have to see him up the caliber of opposition and see how he weathers the storm of the tough guys in his division. cotto, angulo, williams, ah hell even cintron. dzinzurik would be good to after maravilla whips him.

Comment

you'll see when he destroys pacquiao next year.

Comment

he'll be good not great

similar to the late vernon forrest perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
                    the ginger is hype until proven otherwise

Comment

Working...
                    X