Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Kelly Pavlik get more attention, praise and hype than Chad Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he won over Jermain Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
      Hes white...
      Cause he's white. You don't think maybe because he is far more exciting to watch, much more power, very humble, willing to fight anyone.

Comment

pavlik is more exciting...
        but dawson gets very little praise, even kessler has more fans

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          Paul Williams. If he were white would he get half the attention?

It's more to do with Dawson being on Showtime. Being white can never bring an athlete more attention.
          COUGHGERRYCOONEY

A fighter of Pavlik's ethnic makeup and quality is rare nowadays, with the sport's demographics shifting more and more towards the Hispanic market. A fighter with that kind of crossover ability is uncommon and it affords him a lot of attention. That isn't to say he's not a good fighter because he is, and that always helps.

Comment

Well for starters Pavlik is more entertaining. He is very strong and gives the fans what they want, a ko. I am white and yes I feel that Pavlik gets more attention because hes white too. With that being said it plays very little into it, Pavlik is popular because of his power.

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
              Pavlik is the undisputed Middleweight of the world....His wins over former undisputed champ Jermaine Taylor are more impressive than anything on Dawson's resume.

Dawson got a gift decision in his last fight against 40 year old Glen Johnson....Tons of people had Johnson winning that fight.

Pavlik >>>>>> Dawson
              I agree the Johnson won but Johnson seemed to have improved even with his age

Comment

if chad beats antonio i think he will gain much more recognition. i love both fighters, and think they are the future of american boxing!

Comment

It's easy really. Pavlik is an awesomely entertaining fighter. Case in point: look at his fight with Miranda. That was one of the best mw slugfests I've seen in my life. Early on, it was back and forth with Pavlik taking alot of punishment before he gained the upperhand and KO'd Miranda. That fight made me a Pavlik fan...

Comment

HBO headlines Chad needs to get on HBO headline a few fights

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                      Paul Williams. If he were white would he get half the attention?

It's more to do with Dawson being on Showtime. Being white can never bring an athlete more attention.
                      Please tell me your not serious.

Anyway, it's my opinion that he gets more attention simply because most people love a brawler in addition to his HBO coverage but at the same time it would be naive that him being white doesn't provide some sort of boost in attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X