No announcement yet.

just watched the fight - Honest opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    It was a close fight and a lot of rounds could have gone either way. The Boxnation colour commentator scored it for Jacobs, but even he gave Golovkin the last round.
    I hear ya, SkySports who also had Kevin Kelley commentating sounded like he felt Jacobs pulled it out...

I just rewatched the 12th, and now it seems like it could have went either way LOT of missed shots by both guys

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Yea, the decision was pretty bad. I'm mostly wondering where GG goes from here now that it's clear to everyone that he can't cope with lateral footwork. Does he adapt his style or stick to what he knows?

Even though Canelo looks basic, he and his team are clever and know how to exploit weakness.
      It wasn't just lateral movement that gave GGG problems, it was Jacobs hand speed and the way he was switching his punches up and down while moving. A lot of Danny's punches didn't have much power behind them, but Golovkin felt some of them, and knew he couldn't afford to take liberties with Jacobs.

It was Golovkin's jab that won it for him - a throw back to his pre-Abel Sanchez days. There would be no point Canelo trying to emulate Jacobs, he's just too flat footed. BJS could make a good try at it though.

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
        I had it 114-113 for Jacobs on 2nd viewing

Rds 1,2,6,7? ,10,11,12 I gave to Jacobs

Rds 3,4,5,8,9 I gave to GGG

I feel crazy giving Danny the last 3 but I felt like he outworked GGG even though a lot of it was BS flurries and slaps, just no urgency from GGG really and couldn't get off...I felt the 7th and 8th were tossup rounds

Regardless nobody CLEARLY won in my eyes, normally I'd say a rematch but no way is that gonna happen...
        It's a shame, having so many belts gets in the way of having the best fight the best. Getting all the belts is great but at this point it's clear who number 1 and 2 are and we should get to see it again.

Comment

genna at his worst clearly won the fight against the 2nd best MW who was LHW (at least) on the fight night. and he beat him boxing.

anybody saw jacobs collapsing after the fight? gennady could have boxed 5 more rounds. Jacobs did very well, boxed out of skin, played smartly with the weight, but.. all that wasn't enough to beat much better man.

if rematch gennady knocks him out. but first sanders and canelo..

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
            I hear ya, SkySports who also had Kevin Kelley commentating sounded like he felt Jacobs pulled it out...

I just rewatched the 12th, and now it seems like it could have went either way LOT of missed shots by both guys
            Barry Jones was doing round by round scoring for BN. He had Jacobs 2 rounds up going into the 12th, which he gave to Golovkin, so Jacobs one round up at the end.

I wasn't keeping a round by round score myself, just noting whether I agreed with Jones or not, and I definitely disagreed with him on one round he gave to Jacobs, which I think was the 3rd.

I also thought GGG won the 12th, so if I'd been keeping my own tally, I would probably have had it even at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              It wasn't just lateral movement that gave GGG problems, it was Jacobs hand speed and the way he was switching his punches up and down while moving. A lot of Danny's punches didn't have much power behind them, but Golovkin felt some of them, and knew he couldn't afford to take liberties with Jacobs.

It was Golovkin's jab that won it for him - a throw back to his pre-Abel Sanchez days. There would be no point Canelo trying to emulate Jacobs, he's just too flat footed. BJS could make a good try at it though.
              It seemed like Golovkin was in control after 9 rounds and then somehow found himself scraping his way to victory. It didn't appear to me that Jacobs was doing anything different in those later rounds so I'm not sure what was the cause of that late surge. I don't think BJS could get to those rounds though.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is GGG had an off night. GGG clearly won just like the judges in Jacobs's hometown said he did. GGG would probably KO Jacobs in a rematch. Canelo is better than Jacobs and has a much better chin. Canelo is a bigger threat to GGG than Jacobs. Just my opinion which is different than yours.

Stop making excuses. He's just not as good as ******s made him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
                  It seemed like Golovkin was in control after 9 rounds and then somehow found himself scraping his way to victory. It didn't appear to me that Jacobs was doing anything different in those later rounds so I'm not sure what was the cause of that late surge. I don't think BJS could get to those rounds though.
                  I expect BJS to be a lot fitter now that he's with Adam Booth. Some people disparage Booth, saying he's a glorified S&C coach, rather than a boxing coach, but that's just what BJS needs - he's already cute enough as a boxer. Booth is also a good strategist. And again, that's what you need to stand a chance against GGG. Jacobs had a good game plan, and he stuck to it.

If Golovkin is on the slide, physically, BJS might just pull off an upset. But without assistance from Father Time, I agree with you, he won't see the championship rounds.

Comment

114-113 GGG

reminiscent of Pac/Marquez 2. the knockdown decided the outcome. DJ closed strong, I gave him the last three rounds.

and that knockdown it seems was more a case of balance than being hurt.

Comment

Biggest problem? BAD REFLEXES

He just doesn't see punches coming. Brooke exposed this area in the first fight, Jacobs exploited it in the second half of the fight. GGG fans need to let go the idea of him letting people touch him, he just gets touched easily. Nobody was able to take him the distance, obviously his punches had no pop past the 6th.

He better be thankful for this one. He clearly wasn't proud of himself for the decision. Respect for him, he's a proud man, and he clearly wasn't happy. Wish him the best, but there's something fishy going on here. 115-112? Come on!

Comment

Working...
                      X