Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sport itself is not racist.

The majority of fans are.

Whether they say it or think it.

Racism and Religion are the 2 strongest dividers of the human species.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      I take it you don't live in the US. Boxing outside of the US isn't really racial driven. But over here it totally is. And no, groups of people aren't fighting because they "lost a bet". They're fighting because they are either feeling prideful or ashamed that their guy won/lost the fight.

People have actually been killed (and subsequently charged with a hate crime) over boxing matches.
      Boxing isnt only in the US, by what you said the racial divide is a US problem and not a boxing one.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
        Boxing isnt only in the US, by what you said the racial divide is a US problem and not a boxing one.
        You're right, I should have mentioned that it seems to be exclusive to the US where we are all obsessed with race.

Comment

You're right, I should have mentioned that it seems to be exclusive to the US where we are all obsessed with race.
          That's a shame hopefully, people will eventually move past this and appreciate a boxer for their ability rather than anything else.

Comment

Yeah, and on this forum there's a lot of people obsessed with race too.

Comment

Working...
            X