Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would drug legalisation effect the U.S and South America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
    it wont

but it will aid in their decision making, knowing right and wrong

does every kid that comes in contact with it use it?

does them being illegal mean no kid ever comes in contact with them?
    Yeah but it's bad enough they're even exposed to drugs like Heroin, Cocaine, sedative/hypnotics, meth etc. I couldn't imagine how ****ed up this place would be if that stuff was sold at the convenience store.

Hell alchohol alone ruins people's judgement, and so many people drink. It's not a stretch to think they'd get drunk, say screw it and buy 100 bucks worth of meth then go on a binge. Booze (I've seen first hand) turns normal law abiding people into criminals...........engaging in behavior they DEFINITELY wouldn't even consider when they were sober.

A store selling drugs + booze? That's messed up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

so in other words, subsidize poor decision making?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by fordhamboxing View Post
        Exactly, kids are drawn to what they can't do. You notice parents who are strict/exceedingly hard on their kids get rebelled against. I know my parents always told me you can drink, you can smoke pot and you can mess up your life doing them too. But, the way to go is school and staying clean and focused. They never forbade me, they educated me in a way that was reasonable and taught me good decision making. When they first caught me drinking they didn't rip my head off, we just discussed it. When they asked me if I had ever smoked weed I felt I could answer honestly. Kids don't choose not to do heroin because it's illegal, how many people would say oh, heroin is legal now?! I think I'll go shoot up! Let's face it, when I was 17 it was easier for me to buy weed than it was for me to buy cigarettes.
        You make good points.

And I realize it boils down to decision making, but I still think there would be far too many negative effects on society if hard drugs were legalized. Actually not just hard drugs, I don't think kids should be toking up. As it stands it looks like 90% of high school kids are full blown potheads.......and it's no wonder why this country is near the bottom in terms of educating youth.

Kids neglecting their studies, instead lighting up and playing video games when they get out of school.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

so in other words, subsidize poor decision making?!?!?!
          Children aren't sound decision makers, man.

They're foolish, naive, and oblivious to consequence in cases.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
            You make good points.

And I realize it boils down to decision making, but I still think there would be far too many negative effects on society if hard drugs were legalized. Actually not just hard drugs, I don't think kids should be toking up. As it stands it looks like 90% of high school kids are full blown potheads.......and it's no wonder why this country is near the bottom in terms of educating youth.

Kids neglecting their studies, instead lighting up and playing video games when they get out of school.
            run you're making our case for us

pot is illegal, its controlled heavily in the states i grew up in, yet it was much easier to come by than alcohol

no one wants KIDS doing drugs, just like they dont want kids drinking... legal doesnt mean full tilt, surely there will be age restrictions

the vast majority of people in jail for drug charges are more for trafficking or distributing, not 'using'

and the majority of the major SE/OD of drugs come from inconsistent formulas and numerous cutting agents

Comment

Why would we want to add thousands of teenage of heroin addicts and crack adddicts to the thousands of teenage alchoholics we have now?

I would support legalization of pot, but I wouldn't want to see the guy on the corner pan handling a few bucks to buy some crystal meth instead of a bottle of booze.

Comment

You make good points.

See, I think it's the other way around in terms of education. I think our education system is failing to provide kids with quality education that can lead to things that would keep them from spending their wasted time getting wasted. Things like extracurriculars or...gulp...jobs. I'm not a fan of legalizing hard drugs because of the addiction factor. One bad decision to do heroin and that can be it. But marijuana? Cmon, I've smoked plenty in my life and I'm still an A student going to law school (God willing). Responsibility and moderation are key, health classes in school would be better served teaching that rather than the ridiculous stuff they tried to tell me marijuana would do.

Comment

run you're making our case for us

pot is illegal, its controlled heavily in the states i grew up in, yet it was much easier to come by than alcohol

no one wants KIDS doing drugs, just like they dont want kids drinking... legal doesnt mean full tilt, surely there will be age restrictions

the vast majority of people in jail for drug charges are more for trafficking or distributing, not 'using'

and the majority of the major SE/OD of drugs come from inconsistent formulas and numerous cutting agents
                  Yes I realize that children will use drugs ilegally or legally. But it's the immediate access that I'm referring to........especially when there are no consequences for using.

Kid sitting in class doing rails on his desk, etc. It's just ridiculous.

But are you really sure about the statement in bold? I mean you can overdose due to toxicity from drugs themselves.

You do too much cocaine, you risk SCDS. And doctors still don't even know why the heart shuts down.

Comment

Yes I realize that children will use drugs ilegally or legally. But it's the immediate access that I'm referring to........especially when there are no consequences for using.

Kid sitting in class doing rails on his desk, etc. It's just ridiculous.

But are you really sure about the statement in bold? I mean you can overdose due to toxicity from drugs themselves.

You do too much cocaine, you risk SCDS. And doctors still don't even know why the heart shuts down.
                    regarding the bold, see alcohol and how its handled today, i've addressed the ease of access already and there WILL be consequences for underage use of any prohibited substance

and as far as drugs, its safe to say i have sufficient knowledge

Comment

As far as most people being in jail for drug charges I also disagree.

Many people fail drug screens while they're on probation/parole and are sent back for a violation of their parole/probation.

And I'm not chosing a side on that issue I'm just stating the law is the law and nothing changes that. But children still shouldn't have an easier road in finding dope.

Comment

Working...
                      X