No announcement yet.

Andre Ward Fans/Joe Calzaghe Bashers answer me this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Not really Mize, i could make a much longer argument as to why Ward has a ways to go yet to surpass Calzaghe, but it'll just be glossed over.

So I might as well just point to the fact that all of Wards best wins had lost before and were blueprinted.

Funny how all Joe's opponents became **** after he beat them but were considered good before that.

Do i need to dig out the Lacy/calzaghe predictions again
    Blueprinted?

What the fuck do you think this is?

Ward has already surpassed Calzaghe and if you're only reasoning for the latter being higher is based on the amount of '0's he's taken is ridiculous. Jeff Lacy was hardly stream rolling through the best before he met Calzaghe, his endeavours after that fight prove how good he really was. Calzaghe's best win at 168 is Kessler, Hopkins at 175 - they're pretty much his only good wins throughout his entire career.

Sure he has a few other decent wins against ok competition but you can't assert how good they were based on predictions/opinions from fans of the sport.

Make that argument.

Comment

Because seemingly it's impossible to be one without the other

Please don't duck the question or ramble on about some other nonsense

Which undefeated champions has Ward beaten?

This is a dumb question cause you can just go to boxrec and find out the answer which is 0. Yea Andre Ward is arguably #1 or #2 P4P right now, in his first 26 fights. Compare those to Joe's first 26 fights just to be fair and, you'll find a lot of cans on there. There's almost no one out there for Ward. He's cleaned out the division. Just give him a few more years or a few more wins. He'll surpass Joe's resume. He's actually willing to fight people in their prime.
      Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

An '0' means two things in boxing at the highest level.

Either they're that good or they haven't faced the best. The former applies to Ward, the latter applies to Calzaghe. Which is why an undefeated record isn't something you should go off without understanding the opponents on their resume.

David Rodriguez is a 36-0 heavyweight with 34 KOs, does that make him a better win for Wlad than someone like Dereck Chisora who's lost a fifth of his fights?

Comment

So I might as well just point to the fact that all of Wards best wins had lost before and were blueprinted.
          Ward didn't use Kessler's 'blueprint' to beat Froch (hardly a reliable blueprint, anyway, since that decision was questionable) and he certainly didn't beat Kessler in the style of Calzaghe.

Comment

Not really Mize, i could make a much longer argument as to why Ward has a ways to go yet to surpass Calzaghe, but it'll just be glossed over.

Funny how all Joe's opponents became **** after he beat them but were considered good before that.

Wait...so Ward has to beat an undefeated champ to surpass Calzaghe?

Comment

i was here when all those predictions were made. Lacy was very overrated, overhyped, or i should say overhoped. we can only give Joe so much credit for beating Lacy based on what Lacy's accomplishments were at the time, i can't award him too many extra points for how overhyped Lacy was.

Ward has a stronger resume than Calzaghe did at an equivalent point of Joe's career. it's very possible that he will hang them up as a Greater fighter than Joe and having achieved much more.
              Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

If you are talking of a dominant fighter undefeated in his weight class then it is neither. Having an "0" doesn't mean anything if you didn't fight the top of the division.

This is a complete fail of a thread.

Comment

The greatest fighters in boxings history have defeats on their records. Anyone who uses that recored "mark" as a huge plus to a fighters talents is a blind fan! As to Joe, he did very well for himself especially when you consider that he couldn't "break an egg", one OF THE WORST PUNCHERS that ever held a title! He makes Jimmy Young and Wilfred Benitez look like Dempsey and Marciano!!!

Ferryland Fight; Joe vs Sergio {promo} the dance of the
                  "darlings of boxing"!!!! Layla Ali hits harder than these two sweeties!
                  Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Blueprinted?

What the fuck do you think this is?

Ward has already surpassed Calzaghe and if you're only reasoning for the latter being higher is based on the amount of '0's he's taken is ridiculous. Jeff Lacy was hardly stream rolling through the best before he met Calzaghe, his endeavours after that fight prove how good he really was. Calzaghe's best win at 168 is Kessler, Hopkins at 175 - they're pretty much his only good wins throughout his entire career.

Sure he has a few other decent wins against ok competition but you can't assert how good they were based on predictions/opinions from fans of the sport.

Make that argument.
                    end thread.

Comment

TS...

Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X