No announcement yet.

Teofilo Stevenson RIP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teofilo Stevenson RIP

While I never thought he could compete with the highest level heavies of the 1970's, it's a damn shame that he didn't get a chance. Without a doubt one of the greatest amateur heavyweights ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Te%C3%B3filo_Stevenson

Amen, RIP legend

Comment

A great and highly skilled amateur, may he RIP.

Comment

A legend RIP

Comment

Great skill. Only wish he could've turned pro. RIP.

Comment

Not only one of the greatest amateur heavyweights ever, but one of the greatest Cuban amateurs and possibly one of the greatest amateurs period. Tough to argue with three Olympic gold medals and a bunch of amateur championships.

Ave Atque Vale, Teofilo Stevenson (click)

Comment

Wow, at 60. Rest in peace Teofilo, true legend.

Comment

He was the best I ever saw. I know that the stats can't confirm, and yeah the pros are a different ball of wax but when you consider this guy was a heavyweight with the speed, accuracy and footwork he had.... only the sugar man comes to mind as being in that league. Stevenson had the unnatural athletic talent of a Roy Jones or Ali along with the poise skill and accuracy of the greatest technicians. The guy could also be a real closer.

I have learned to consent to the idea that as a pro Stevenson may have been challenged but watching this guy one can see greatness and in my humble opinion in my lifetime I never saw a guy close to the whole package as this guy.

Comment

Another legend gone, can just hope that he went peacefully and his family are coping well. RIP.

This last year and half have been disgusting, so many great men lost.

Comment

Rest In Peace Senor Stevenson

Comment

Working...
                    X