No announcement yet.

cant figure out my stance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
    That test is confusing. How close are you hands ment to be? Also, it depends which hand your eyes are in front of, and your eyes see double vision
    Your hands should be at arm's length, you should be facing the target object squarely, and you can't think about it; just do it instinctively and see which eye you're looking through. This is why you have to do it several times over a few days, to be sure. It's easy to cheat at this -- you CAN move your hands and line the target up with either eye -- but the point is to figure out which eye instinctively does most of your looking.

You will see double vision, but one of the doubles should seem like a "ghost" and one should seem more solid. The eye that shows the "solid" image is the dominant eye.
    Last edited by fraidycat; 02-13-2007, 11:40 AM.

Comment

can i be a southpaw and still use my right hand as a powerpunch i mean sure it will be there as a jab also, but when i swith to orthodox i feen i could load my power right hand but my left jab is weak and feels akward so theres no way i could jab with my left

Comment

Originally posted by rickyisgood View Post
        can i be a southpaw and still use my right hand as a powerpunch i mean sure it will be there as a jab also, but when i swith to orthodox i feen i could load my power right hand but my left jab is weak and feels akward so theres no way i could jab with my left
        No. The jab will feel weak until you learn to throw it properly. It can take months or even years to learn to throw the jab well. The jab is the most important punch in boxing. Practice and be patient.

Comment

I Throw The Right Jap Pretty Good Nice And Sharp At Southpaw But In Orthodox I Have No Choice To Throw My Left Jap Whick Sucks

Comment

Working...
          X