Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Premier Boxing Champions, Fox Sports Announce 2020 Schedule

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall, it's a bit mediocre but it's also understandable. There are bigger names than what ESPN and Top Rank offered earlier this summer but I feel like the majority of the fights are showcase of sorts where they appear one sided. This is the reality of the pandemic and no live gate.

I may be in the minority, but I'd rather see two "B" level fighters against each other than an "A" vs a "C". Heck, I'd probably rather see two "C" level fighters over an "A" and "C". That's not a criticism of my opinion of the PBC schedule, the economics and need to generate buzz with bigger names for ratings is understood.

Who knows maybe some of the perceived mismatches will give us some upsets. Definitely looking forward to Fundora vs Gallimore. Not sure how much Nathan has left in the tank but of he comes to war, he just might KO the Towering Inferno.

And remember, any boxing on TV is better than no boxing on TV.

Comment

They really didn't announce anything just confirmed a few rumored fights I guess. Maybe more fights will be announced during Shawn Porter Card. I do like that it will be only 2 PPV's for the rest of the year I was expect more than that for some reason. I'm thinking Wilder vs Fury 3 is the other PPV for this year sometime in December maybe December 19th I'm Guessing

It all depends on if they have a College Football Season though, if not College Football Season then that will be HUGE opportunity for Boxing to really roll out some good fights on Free TV this year to fill in those TV Dates and a bigger Budget might open for Boxing to indeed fill those dates

Comment

Showtime is making FOX look like crap. And Bill Wanger said last year that FOX sports gets to choose their fights before Showtime. Perhaps Stephen Espinoza at Showtime has a bigger Wanger than Wanger lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          And the “all lives matter” klansmen are mad
          About it lol
          Opposed to the other lives matter spamming NSB that DAZN sucks. Get Widdit! It’s your playbook

Comment

Filller fight schedule. Means PBC isn’t making their traditional bread with the networks. Wait for Rafael to leak purses

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              And the “all lives matter” klansmen are mad
              About it lol
              Jeez you are bitter son

Comment

Originally posted by The Skywalker View Post
                Showtime is making FOX look like crap. And Bill Wanger said last year that FOX sports gets to choose their fights before Showtime. Perhaps Stephen Espinoza at Showtime has a bigger Wanger than Wanger lol
                Looks like the switched.
                Fox had the better schedule in 2019 and people were talking about Showtime is done.

Fox still has a few unannounced cards on the back burner to let loose.

Comment

Eww that ppv looks like a crap it will be telivised in free tv pbc means crap now

Comment

Showtime is subscription/app based, FOX is free tv. I’m guessing showtime has cleaned up since March when the Rona sent everyone home. And FOX had the better PBC line up last year, good to see showtime coming back strong especially when the klansmen’s favourite promoter little orphan Eddie said they would “be out of business”......oh how the wonky have fallen...

Comment

Hopefully they increase viewers from last night

Comment

Working...
                      X