Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Joe Rogan an educated mind when it comes to boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some aspects of fighting that are kind of universal but there difference in how they apply in boxing and mma so while on the surface i think he gets it he doesn't get the intricacies. So it ends up a case of a little bit of knowledge is a bad thing because it leads him to odd conclusions.

Comment

Joe seems to have a lot of worldly experience. Boxing is on the shorter end of the stick imo. Dude has been in the training atmosphere, just more on MMA then boxing

Comment

He knows BJJ and kicking techniques. He doesn't actually know much else. His so called boxing knowledge is abysmal.

I remember when he had the tv debate with Lou DiBella and and lied about being a huge boxing fan owning dvd's of Pep, Whittaker, Mayweather etc. Rogan will claim anything to make himself look better, including lies.

Comment

No, Rogan is a moron and he knows shyt about boxing.

Comment

He's above casual level and he's obviously been watching for a long time but he's not as deep into it as most of us here I'd say.
            I like his podcast, he has alot of different people on there that talk about some interesting stuff.

Comment

Joe Hogan sounds like my pac turd friends when they speak about boxing. Its just so cringey. I cringe and turn into a raisin when I hear the man speak on boxing.

Joe Hogan dont know **** about boxing or mma. Cruz exposing Hogan for the fraud that he is now that Goldberg is gone. Dominic Cruz>Joe Hogan

Only thing Joe Hogan knows about is BJJ. Which is gay.

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              He knows BJJ and kicking techniques. He doesn't actually know much else. His so called boxing knowledge is abysmal.

I remember when he had the tv debate with Lou DiBella and and lied about being a huge boxing fan owning dvd's of Pep, Whittaker, Mayweather etc. Rogan will claim anything to make himself look better, including lies.
              the buffoon had the nerves to say boxing would not have anymore big super stars. And then Fraud/Pacman/Canelita/AJ happened. He didn't even know who Mayweather or Pacman was before the De La Hoya fight. He was just a casual tyson fanboy from the 90s pretending to know his **** by throwing big names.
              Last edited by GorillaDog; 03-24-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

He's a typical casual boxing fan.

Comment

nothing against him but i have absolutely no interest in his boxing opinions or opinion on anything for that matter

Comment

I'll listen to him and he'll sometimes get details and names wrong. I think he has an interest but is a casual. If i'm not mistaken I've heard him use the 'long count' talk about Wilder/Fury and that a video of some guy timing it on his phone was proof. Which made me cringe for him a bit.

I can't recall the details but I remember Pavlik correcting him several times on things.

I heard Schaub talking the other day, it wasn't on Rogan's podcast, but he was talking about Spence Vs Garcia and he described Garcia as 'one of the best of all time'. I don't think these put much thought into what they say.

Slightly off subject but I was listening to his podcast with Lennox Lewis the other day. Lewis was talking about how he had to go to court to get his rematch with Rahman. Rogan asked him how long it took and Lewis replied '2 years'.
                    Rogan revisited that later and asked again how long Lewis was out the ring between the Rahman fights and if he fought anyone else in between. Lewis said he faced no one else and once again said he waited 2 years for the fight.

I listened to it again to see if i heard right. As I'm almost certain the rematch happened the same year?
                    It was a little confusing.
                    Last edited by Chrismart; 03-24-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      I'll listen to him and he'll sometimes get details and names wrong. I think he has an interest but is a casual. If i'm not mistaken I've heard him use the 'long count' talk about Wilder/Fury and that a video of some guy timing it on his phone was proof. Which made me cringe for him a bit.

I can't recall the details but I remember Pavlik correcting him several times on things.

I heard Schaub talking the other day, it wasn't on Rogan's podcast, but he was talking about Spence Vs Garcia and he described Garcia as 'one of the best of all time'. I don't think these put much thought into what they say.

Slightly off subject but I was listening to his podcast with Lennox Lewis the other day. Lewis was talking about how he had to go to court to get his rematch with Rahman. Rogan asked him how long it took and Lewis replied '2 years'.
                      Rogan revisited that later and asked again how long Lewis was out the ring between the Rahman fights and if he fought anyone else in between. Lewis said he faced no one else and once again said he waited 2 years for the fight.

I listened to it again to see if i heard right. As I'm almost certain the rematch happened the same year?
                      It was a little confusing.
                      Yeah I noticed the same, he also got the age him and Tyson sparred wrong. Him claiming Tyson was prime when they fought was silly as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X