Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: I Beat Wilder 10-2, Highly Impossible To Win Overseas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    Well now he’s an ESPN fighter he feels like he’ll get a fairer shake with the judges. Unless we are going to pretend that fighters don’t often get more favourable treatment when they’re fighting on their promoters cards.
    ESPN isn't his promoter though. Top Rank is. And we see fighters getting favorable treatment because their promoter picks/pays the judges.

If Fury is with Top Rank based on the ability to ensure he has judges who favor his style, that says a lot. It says that he believes he can't beat Joshua or Wilder without trying to dance and pot-shot his way to victory.

Comment

Though I'm keen to see W/F 2 it must be clear that Tyson boxed rings around Wilder and I struggled to give Wilder more than two.Fury is doing what's right for him like everyone else is and you'll see it's only the odd idiot on here that will have cause for concern.

Comment

If you're gonna keep robbing people in America then fighters are right not to come over. Fury would have to be a total fool to accept a rematch over there.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Geez Tyson

Don’t know why Tyson’s crying , Those dirty Americans would have had him win on the cards if he didn’t get KD in the 12th
          Dude, that’s pretty naive. I’m not one of those claiming that it’s a grand robbery conspiracy, but you should know that that isn’t how these things work.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            About the way most unbiased fans saw it too Fury. The people's champ. King of the HWs. Wilder on the other hand needs to learn to box cuz Fury made him look like a novice for majority of the fight. Wilder does get credit for taking tough fights finally. Sadly it took him 40 fights to do so.
            Can’t make someone look like a novice landing 24% of your punches the fight was close rounds was close

Comment

A lot of talking from a man who was KTFO on the floor for 5 seconds before the ref started counting. 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                I want to echo your point, if Fury stays on his feet in the 12th, he wins the fight. PERIOD.
                I’d love to agree with you, but I’m not so sure. I’ve seen enough robberies in my time.

Hand on heart I think Wilder saved his own credibility with that 12th round KD because I think the draw would have been announced in any event

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  Geez Tyson

Don’t know why Tyson’s crying , Those dirty Americans would have had him win on the cards if he didn’t get KD in the 12th ( which if he was the away fighter in the UK or almost everytime in the States laying lifeless at the 6 count , the fight would have been called ) Fury is the one to blame for letting the fight slip away ,

I’ve never seen a fighter claim it was such a easy fight , having won 10 rounds and yet run in the opposite direction of a rematch.

I can’t honestly can’t remember the last time a fighter who most thought won pulled this ( Can someone remind me ).

Fury’s mouth says 1 thing his actions speak another. Since the majority thought he won he’ll just ride that wave saying it was easy and he got robbed instead of facing Wikder again and not face the real possibility of getting dropped like he did in the 12th and have the rest of his mojo took in a rematch because it’s probably already half gone at this point .
                  EXACTLY. Could not have said it better myself. The fact is if the though he won the fight or could win there would be a rematch in play already.

Comment

I have a serious question. Have you guys ever seen a challenger get knocked down twice. Once in the twelve round and only outland the Champion by 7 power punches total and get the decision. Did Fury ever even visibly hurt Wilder? These are questions you guys should ask yourselves. Then ask yourself "why isnt Fury talking about a rematch if he feels he won the first fight and actually wants to be a champion again?" I swear some of you guys are ragging idiots smh

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      Hey man, chill, Top Rank and ESPN will vindicate him, make him a U.S. star, and force Wilder and Joshua to fight him as B-sides.
                      In what way? Tyson Fury don't hold no leverage over Wilder and Joshua at the bargaining table because one he is a boring defensive fighter and he's coming to the table empty handed. He has no title belts, that anybody wants, he doesn't sell tickets, he is not a box office draw among casual fans and doesn't sell pay per views.

I am sorry but ESPN is not the only game in town. Both Joshua and Wilder have platforms of their own too; So they don't have to fight on ESPN and play B side or second fiddle to Fury if they don't want to because he has nothing they want.

If anything Fury is going to have to compromise and settle in order to meet these fellas half way because there is no B side when it comes to Tyson Fury. He is not a price maker. He is a price taker.

In addition of all the networks/online streaming services platforms combined; ESPN has the lowest budget of them all and DAZN has the largest.

So now tell me what make you think either Wilder or Joshua would be willing to fight Fury on ESPN when they could earn up to five times the amount of money just fighting on DAZN alone?

Until Tyson Fury wins a title belt, then the other two champions don't need him.

Comment

Working...
                      X