No announcement yet.

Water training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I have heard that while swimming is a great exercise the one drawback is that it doesn't help with bone density.

So they don't recommend it for women looking to prevent osteoporosis for example.
    No, they recommend weight bearing exercises to increase bone density and prevent osteoporosis. I guess if you have a severe case of this, swimming might be good to avoid fracrtures and strengthen the muscles till you can move on to low impact weight bearing

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
      I've read it doesn't help with weight loss either since your core temperature never rises.
      Getting into more complex biological functions here. Spending more time exercising in colder water can increase your brown fat to white fat ratio. I wont pretend to be an expert however brown fat is supposed to be better health wise than white fat. I could see how this would impede weight loss to a degree. The body is trying hold on to some fat to keep warm. You usually don't see super lean and cut swimmers. That said, swimming does produce good calorie burn

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        wow, I had no idea that water was even trainable... sit...rollover....….Rockin'
        If you can get water to wave that's good.

RIGHT? HAHA GET IT?

It's all I had.

Comment

Gavin MacMillan, strength and conditioning coach for Miguel Cotto, has some interesting ideas for water training.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
            If you can get water to wave that's good.

RIGHT? HAHA GET IT?

It's all I had.
            The wave....

Comment

Originally posted by M0ller View Post
              Decided to start swimming 3 times a week, do you guys have any good drills in The water ?
              In addition to swimming in the water, it is still good to work out blows and hold your breath

Comment

Working...
              X