Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone truly believe Pacquiao beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    I sometimes hear of people mentioning this, just not so far on this site. Anyone here believe Mayweather lost?

I went to a sports bar when it happened, and it was PACKED, mostly of Asian people, including a friend I went with. The place had like 2 people going for Mayweather, so naturally when Pacquiao did something everyone would roar.

They didn't roar much at all, and by the end of the fight (and throughout the fight) they had a defeated look on their face - they knew their guy had lost. Fast forward to the next day and my 'friend' as well as his mostly Asian friends online were adamant that Manny was robbed - how can you take these people seriously?

It kind of takes away from legitimate complaints of robberies in boxing. So not to judge anyone, but does anyone on here think Manny won, and explain why they think he won?
    I believe Mayweather lost to Pacquiao. There's a couple of other guys but we're in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
      I'm in tight with a good number of Filipinos and have yet to hear one of them say Manny got robbed or won the fight.

They do bytch like hell that he runs and won't stand toe-to-toe with the PacMan, "DIS MUDDER PUCKER WON'T STAND AND PIGHT WITH MANNY!!! Putong Inna!!"

Comment

pac landed the much cleaner flusher punches and floyds punches were barely making solid contact. it was slow, it was dull, but why does floyd auto win that way? you still hae to score who did better in a slow, dull fight and that was not floyd. the reputations decided the fight. pac didnt look amazing and floyd looked boring as usual and that was that. pac just had super high standards he coudlnt meet and floyd met his usual low standards. then of course there is the political angle and vegas will never ever let floyd lose a fight with the money he brings.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

OMG!!! That guy is surrounded in a sea of pissed off Pinoys!!! You can see them all staring at him like they're about to rip his nuts off, the guy's expression next to him is precious.

......I hope he got home safely that day.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            pac landed the much cleaner flusher punches and floyds punches were barely making solid contact. it was slow, it was dull, but why does floyd auto win that way? you still hae to score who did better in a slow, dull fight and that was not floyd. the reputations decided the fight. pac didnt look amazing and floyd looked boring as usual and that was that. pac just had super high standards he coudlnt meet and floyd met his usual low standards. then of course there is the political angle and vegas will never ever let floyd lose a fight with the money he brings.
            When I watched the fight I was surprised that Mayweather looked like he had slowed down plus he missed a lot of punches. The announcers were calling punches as scoring but they didn't land. Too bad there was no rematch. I think it would have been a lot better.

Comment

Working...
            X