No announcement yet.

AIBA Youth World Championships 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIBA Youth World Championships 2018

So this started today and the whole thing is being livestreamed on YouTube. "Youth" means ages 17-19 so the standard is generally quite high and it's a good opportunity to get a look at some stars of the future. I won't have a chance to watch it myself until the weekend when the QFs begin, but here's the schedule and the official streams for anyone interested:

Information
    YouTube channel
    Last edited by NEETzsche; 08-22-2018, 12:05 PM.

HI-TECH Boxing
    YNG
    Tom Cruise
    pesticid
    sicko

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      Thanks bud! I'll try to watch as much as I can, although I am not crazy about the preliminaries.

Comment

nice......

Comment

Cheers for the heads up mate. Crazy busy at the moment so don’t think I’ll get round to watching much. If any catches people’s eyes in here I’ll try give em a watch

Comment

I managed to catch Popov's first fight of the tournament earlier and he looked very good, HI-TECH Boxing you're totally right about his potential. Hassan Azim (representing England), who faced Popov in the EUBC finals earlier in the year, was eliminated by a Ukrainian. It was a close fight that I scored to Azim myself

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Cheers for the heads up mate. Crazy busy at the moment so don’t think I’ll get round to watching much. If any catches people’s eyes in here I’ll try give em a watch
              Popov is well worth a look: https://youtu.be/XXuRxTN7LTY?t=2h20m34s

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                I managed to catch Popov's first fight of the tournament earlier and he looked very good, HI-TECH Boxing you're totally right about his potential. Hassan Azim (representing England), who faced Popov in the EUBC finals earlier in the year, was eliminated by a Ukrainian. It was a close fight that I scored to Azim myself
                I've been excited about Ilya Popov for a few years now. He has been the most impressive boxer so far.
                Abdumalik Khalokov of Uzbekistan at 56kg has also been looking really good.

I just wish both would keep their hands up. I see Olympic Gold medal potential for both.

Comment

I'll give you guys the most impressive boxers in the weight classes so far:

49kg: Alayu Mekonnen, Ethiopia

52kg: Ivan Price, England

56kg: Abdumalik Khalokov, Uzbekistan

60kg: Nobody really stood out. We have only seen a few boxers though. Still more to come.

64kg: Ilya Popov, Russia

69kg: Yermakhan Zhakpekov, Kazakhstan

81kg: Cristhian Pinder, Cuba

56kg, 64kg, and 69kg have been the best weight classes so far. 52kg not so far behind.
                  60kg and 81kg have been the least impressive so far.

Comment

Just caught up on Ivan Price's fight. He's very sharp when he has space to work but his fights always seem to end up sloppy and full of clinching because he has no inside game and seemingly can't keep the fight at long range for a whole three minutes at a time. He seems very physically weak too. Nevertheless he gave his opponent today a pretty good schooling in the second half of the bout

Tudsbury looks like a lot of fun too
                    Last edited by NEETzsche; 08-23-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X