Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: I'll Slug It Out With Wilder & Knock Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury is taller than Wilder and has a longer reach than him. Basically Fury can outbox Wilder from the outside as he did with Wlad. He likely won't even need inside fighting.

Comment

It's nice to see people are growing wise to Tyson Fury's FAR superior boxing ability possibly being the deciding factor. The only chance Deontay Wilder has is landing a crazy windmill punch behind the ear or something like that. Fury has the ability to make this a 12 round boxing match fought how he wants it. I don't see him using his usual style of moving in and out of range using distance and angles. That would play into Wilder's style of jumping in, throwing bombs from crazy angles. Making it an inside wrestling match, leaning all over Wilder and making him fight short and tying him up could be where it's at. Deontay has struggled in the past with smaller men doing this, never seen a genuine giant doing it to him. Fury just won't give him the space he needs to land those crazy swings.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
        It's nice to see people are growing wise to Tyson Fury's FAR superior boxing ability possibly being the deciding factor. The only chance Deontay Wilder has is landing a crazy windmill punch behind the ear or something like that. Fury has the ability to make this a 12 round boxing match fought how he wants it. I don't see him using his usual style of moving in and out of range using distance and angles. That would play into Wilder's style of jumping in, throwing bombs from crazy angles. Making it an inside wrestling match, leaning all over Wilder and making him fight short and tying him up could be where it's at. Deontay has struggled in the past with smaller men doing this, never seen a genuine giant doing it to him. Fury just won't give him the space he needs to land those crazy swings.
        I just hope that 3 months will be enough for Fury to get into top shape. 80% of the 2015 Fury version would be enough to beat Wilder. And yes Fury can easily outbox Wilder but he can also make it a dog fight in which Fury will have the upper hand because Wilder isn't used to real fights against giants who are even bigger than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
          I just hope that 3 months will be enough for Fury to get into top shape. 80% of the 2015 Fury version would be enough to beat Wilder. And yes Fury can easily outbox Wilder but he can also make it a dog fight in which Fury will have the upper hand because Wilder isn't used to real fights against giants who are even bigger than him.
          I agree, a lot depends on Fury's condition and how much that absence from the ring took from him. Those factors probably make it a pick 'em fight to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
            Agree with you. The aim is to weaken Wilder´s body from the start on. Also Wilder is always gun shy for the first 4 rounds against tall opponents and here we have Fury who has the biggest heart in the HW division.Wilder never fought someone who has a big heart & will as Fury.
            It would just take the leverage away as well. But I dunno Wilder looks crap at everything but then sends everyone to Mars.

Comment

Fury will be the biggest man Wilder has ever seen in the ring. Fury can just outbox Wilder easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
                the more and more he talks,the more you know this a cash out fight..he knows he won't get anything less than 10% against Joshua so he's going for the 50-50 split with wilder..(not a)smart move fury!
                The money actually isn't that different if you really think about it.

A Fury v. Joshua fight sees the guys generate a pot of about $50 million to split. Fury wouldn't get 50% of that. (More likely 33% - 40%)

Wilder v. Fury should pull something between $35 million and $50 million w/ Tyson getting 40% - 50%. (Hearing rumors that the minimum guarantees are $10 million and $15 million with different formulas used for buys from the two markets.)

We don't know how his team actually feels about his condition. If he loses to Wilder he can just say he wasn't fit and still have the AJ fight there that would sell very well. However, if he lost to AJ first, then the Wilder in the US fight would probably be gone.

Now if he wins then he cleans up the board, but if he's not truly fit then this is the path towards two big checks instead of one.

Comment

No you wont Fury, stop lying

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
                    Fury will have Saunders at ringside throwing chicken into the ring while calling Wilder a racist çunt.
                    That would be epic.

Comment

I really hope to see this one. It's the most intriguing fight of the year, can't wait. Really can't decide myself on the winner, provided that Fury is in REAL fighting shape when the time comes.

One of the scenarios I'm envisioning is Fury outboxing Wilder with ease, only to be knocked out cold as soon as he steps off the gas for a second.

Another is Wilder pumping a hard jab against Fury's face all night, as he did with Stiverne in their first fight.

Then I laugh at the thought of what we all would say should Pianeta win tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X