No announcement yet.

Why do Joshua fans keep trying to throw someone else ahead of Joshua for Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Because people know it doesn't make financial sense for Joshua to fight Wilder. Why would Joshua fight Wilder when he can make more fighting someone else that won't want 10+ mil? Wilder needs to improve his market value, he needs to fight in the UK.

Why are Wilder fans too stupid to see this?
    Why do you care about the money side?? are you getting a percentage? Serious question as a fan do you not want to see this fight??

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      They should fight eachother next.
      I agree, this is actually the biggest fight that can be made in boxing right now

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Why do you care about the money side?? are you getting a percentage? Serious question as a fan do you not want to see this fight??
        Because the money side is one of the most important (probably the most) reason why fights gets made. Nobody should expect a fighter to take a fight where they'll make less to please them. That is ******ed.

It's all about having a bit of common sense and seeing it from the fighters point of view.

Comment

Hoping he gets old.

Comment

To fight? what is the logic in that as a fan?? Why do ya'll not wanna see the clear top 2 heavyweight titlist unify? Why do yall keep mentioning Whyte?? WHY!!!! why the hell do yall wanna see Wilder fight ****ing Dillon Whyte??
            I have not read this thread yet Larry, usually I do before responding. I am not doing so because I have a prediction to make: All those individuals who one thought were boxing fans? will turn into accountants and explain the financial logic involved with this match up.

They used to do this crap with Ward as well. I guess when the Houston Astros won the pennant we should have seen the California Angels play the Dodgers for the world series because...it makes more financial sense to keep the contest on the same coast and the Angels break attendance records consistently!

guess at the next Super Bowl one should expect to see the two most financially lucrative teams play because it makes more sense...

Boxing fans are brainwashed when they choose to think like morons. Which is why we get fights with over weight contenders, instead of the best fighters against each other.

Sometimes kids say it better. No kid in his right mind that I know would tell you that a heavyweight championship should be based on financial sense. Kids know better.

Comment

To fight? what is the logic in that as a fan?? Why do ya'll not wanna see the clear top 2 heavyweight titlist unify? Why do yall keep mentioning Whyte?? WHY!!!! why the hell do yall wanna see Wilder fight ****ing Dillon Whyte??
              I was gonna keep out of it but its a pretty simple question to answer.

First off, there is nothing clear about Wilder as the number 2 guy. On top of all that, outside of hardcore boxing fans, no one in the UK knows Wilder. They do know Haye, Bellew and Fury.

How could that be remedied? If Wilder had fought in the UK against Whyte for his biggest ever payday. He didnt want that and I dont care what the reasons are.

Now? Well going in 2018, AJ has 3 potential opponents who all bring more money to the table (Fury, Haye and Bellew). One of them, Fury, brings more of a legacy too.

Outside of that, stands Wilder, who is an icon in nothing other than his mind and showtimes schedule. He can get it but he is no more a priority than Parker and that too, because of the belt.

Personally, I say make it happen asap so AJ can KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                I was gonna keep out of it but its a pretty simple question to answer.

First off, there is nothing clear about Wilder as the number 2 guy. On top of all that, outside of hardcore boxing fans, no one in the UK knows Wilder. They do know Haye, Bellew and Fury.

How could that be remedied? If Wilder had fought in the UK against Whyte for his biggest ever payday. He didnt want that and I dont care what the reasons are.

Now? Well going in 2018, AJ has 3 potential opponents who all bring more money to the table (Fury, Haye and Bellew). One of them, Fury, brings more of a legacy too.

Outside of that, stands Wilder, who is an icon in nothing other than his mind and showtimes schedule. He can get it but he is no more a priority than Parker and that too, because of the belt.

Personally, I say make it happen asap so AJ can KO him.
                those are literally 3 **** fights and you know it

Comment

Because the money side is one of the most important (probably the most) reason why fights gets made. Nobody should expect a fighter to take a fight where they'll make less to please them. That is ******ed.

It's all about having a bit of common sense and seeing it from the fighters point of view.
                  From a Fighter's point of view? Study your boxing history please... For most of boxing history fighters were compelled to fight the best with some notable caveats, including in the early days racial discrimination against blacks, the occasional fighter being ducked who was not thought of as much of an opponent but who was a danger... guys like Charlie Burley and Paul Williams, Margarito even.

Boxing history is written in the contests of the best versus the best. Even crooked King knew this was true and would try to make those fights that mattered. Fighters want to be the best! To be the best you have to fight the best! It is management and trying to be lucrative at the expense of the sport that is the problem.

Comment

No as a fan we should want the best to fight the best. Why would you support **** fights? This is the fight to make, let them all sit down and crunch the numbers. As a fan you should want this fight now!!

Comment

those are literally 3 **** fights and you know it
                      They all bring more to the table than Wilder. Wilder didn't want to improve his marketability and make $4.5 mil at the same time, he chose to fight for $1.4 mil instead. His mouth is saying he wants Joshua, his actions say differently.

Comment

Working...
                      X