No announcement yet.

Paul Williams "I'll Walk Again"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Willie Pep's spinal column wasn't 90% severed, was it? It's good to hold out hope that Paul will walk again someday but ultimately it's a very unrealistic expectation.

Here's hoping for a miracle.
    Everywhere that I ever read about it just mentions that Willie Pep fractured his back, which is kind of vague so not sure to what extent the back was damaged. Just know that doctors said there was no chance that he would fight again.

Comment

War Williams!

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
        Everywhere that I ever read about it just mentions that Willie Pep fractured his back, which is kind of vague so not sure to what extent the back was damaged. Just know that doctors said there was no chance that he would fight again.
        Ric Flair was in a plane crash and broke his back in 3 different places and wrestled 9 months later. Breaking your back and severing your spinal cord are night and day. Christopher Reeve severed his spinal cord for example.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          Just when I thought I couldn't possibly be more of a fan of his... he goes and says this.

"If I can't walk, then, oh well. 'Hakuna Matata,' [No Worries]. I'll be on a boat fishing," Williams said.

I mean... wow.
          how can u not love this guy for that quote? he absolutely fears nothing... lol... I mean maybe thats why he never changed his defense or the way he fights, even though we were all screaming for him to start fighting taller. the man absolutely does not care and has 100% confidence in himself... wonderful role model to our kids or anyone for that matter..

Comment

Bad news to hear. Hope he recovers well and obviously this goes without saying that any type of serious motorcycle accident can cripple absolutely anybody from lanky to body builder but do you think the fact that he is lanky and doesnt have as much muscle support all around impacted or added to the severity of the injury? Perhaps when he recovers and starts rehab if he is able to walk again he should put on muscle mass. All the best to him.
            Last edited by {Pito}; 05-30-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but Willie Pep's spinal column wasn't 90% severed, was it? It's good to hold out hope that Paul will walk again someday but ultimately it's a very unrealistic expectation.

Here's hoping for a miracle.
              have a hairline fracture in your back and a severed spinal column is no where near being comparable...

But if i can take one thing out of this article its that he seems at peace with himself and happy;and therefore Im happy for him! Screw his boxing career, the man is obviously even just as talented outside of the ring as he was in it. I hope he does get to sit on a boat everyday the rest of his life, fish and drink many beers... I hope your surgery goes well today champ, WAR PWILL!!

Comment

Originally posted by chibomber View Post
                Even if he walks again, he better not step in a ring. One wrong move or punch and he will be worse off.
                even if he is ever able to regain his legs i seriously doubt he ever laces up again.... 1 step at a time, ill be praying during surgery champ

Comment

man...thats a strong minded ass dude!!...a fuking WARRIOR at heart....in fuking credible....Paul just schooled me about life with those words and attitude...thanks for the inspiration Paul!!...I wish you nothing but the BEST...now rumble young man rumble!!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    Ric Flair was in a plane crash and broke his back in 3 different places and wrestled 9 months later. Breaking your back and severing your spinal cord are night and day. Christopher Reeve severed his spinal cord for example.
                    Yea I hear ya. With that said, I am just thankful that he is still alive. I remember seeing a video sometime ago where scientist felt that they were pretty close to finding a solution to spinal injuries so that it wouldn't prevent people from not being able to walk again. Hopefully if Paul is not able to recover now, then someday they will have this solution so that he can benefit.

Comment

Someone send P.Will a green K

Comment

Working...
                      X