Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its been clear that no1 discusses fantasy fights with mayweather @ 130-140 because

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
    Prepare yourself for an onslaught of the unbeatable 'the Duran Of Montreal' posts.

And for the record, PBF probably takes it at caneloweight and MW, with a Camacho like stick and move performance.
    Duran was one of my all time favorites, but boy is he way way overrated by many. He quit against Leonard a land by the time he was Floyd's current age he had 8 losses including a few to nobodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
      Duran was one of my all time favorites, but boy is he way way overrated by many. He quit against Leonard a land by the time he was Floyd's current age he had 8 losses including a few to nobodies.
      I love Duran.....top all time great but is a bit overrated. He dominated at 135 but the era wasnt deep like the 1940s, 1980s and 2000s.

he lost most of his big fights

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        he was at his best. It seems that all the fantasy fights are past his natural weight class because their are only a handful of fighters who could possibly beat him at 130-140

IMO the fights would make more sense there than in his 4th division discussing him vs other greats

He is a great fighter who won the welterweight title and super welterweight title but he is not an upper echelon all time great welterweight. He may beat some but fighters like Ray Robinson, Hearns, McCrory, Don Curry were some big ass welters and at a certain level, size plays a part no matter how skilled you are.

He has the ability to beat larger men because of his skills, know how and adaptability but i think its fair to say 130-140 only a handful could beat that Mayweather. Speed, power, defense, combos and counters.
        I've always thought the jacked up on unknown stimulants pryor that beat arguello would give him hell at 140.

Comment

I still don't know why people think the natural weight class for a 5'8 man is 130. He fought in those weight classes when he was a baby. As you age you get bigger and can't shrink down to those low weight classes. That's why guys who start off at low weight jump so many divisions because they're not in their real division. If anything it would be unnatural for him to be 28 and still fighting there.

Comment

Henry Armstrong

A smaller man who could beat Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post

How do you overrate a guy that is one of the greatest lightweights of all time?Was undisputed champion and the kingpin of the division for almost a decade. This is a guy that was already considered an ATG by the time he jumped to welterweight, beat Leonard and he was only 29 years old. He could of never fought again and his legacy was signed, sealed and delivered. Anything he did after that only enhances his legacy, it does'nt take away from it.

Do you think Floyd would be overrated if he had jumped up to fight GGG or Ward and lost? Because that is what people basicly have to resort to to try and claim Duran is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Henry Armstrong

A smaller man who could beat Floyd
                He would have been mayweathers toughest opponent....speed, power, tenacity, underrated defense, could cut off the ring and throw 100+ shots a round, great chin and could slip and roll shots.
                he would have crowded Mayweather and smothered his best work/punchers. The lead right, lead left hook and pull counter. Cant pull those of on the inside

Armstrong was the man

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  I still don't know why people think the natural weight class for a 5'8 man is 130. He fought in those weight classes when he was a baby. As you age you get bigger and can't shrink down to those low weight classes. That's why guys who start off at low weight jump so many divisions because they're not in their real division. If anything it would be unnatural for him to be 28 and still fighting there.
                  dude...he fought at 125 in the olympics and was in the ring vs Castillo weighing 138 to his 147.

He was he only rehyrdated 3 pounds at lightweight..he was 26 years old man

he filled out great at 140 and it was where he was at his prime. He didnt baloon up after the weigh in either, he was 28 when he fought Gatti

so its save to say in his mid to late 20s he was comfortable at 135-140
                  Last edited by therealpugilist; 05-26-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    I've always thought the jacked up on unknown stimulants pryor that beat arguello would give him hell at 140.
                    Pryor would give him problems but he was a sucker for floyds best punch...the straight right and most times he was dropped it was because he was off balance and hit with a counter right

He'd get outboxed but he'd make floyd work most definitely

Comment

No its because a lot of posters here are very new to the sport and never watched his fights at lower weights..thats why they say stupid stuff like he ran and hugged his entire career

Comment

Working...
                      X