Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2014, 12:05 PM #31
MrP4P MrP4P is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 917
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
MrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud of
Points: 28,963.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,963.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategic1 View Post
He was ranked #3 after a FOTY win against Provodnikov and beating a P4P fighter in JMM who was coming off the PAC win.

It's all about styles. JMM beats PAC. Bradley clearly beats JMM. PAC clearly beats Bradley twice.

Other than Floyd and PAC, it's hard to name a welterweight that would beat Bradley.

Tim just can't handle PAC's speed over 12 rounds.
Amir Khan, Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman, Marcos Maidana, heck even Guerrero has a chance against Bradley. The buck doesnt stop at Top Rank, people forget theres other welterweights.
MrP4P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-17-2014, 12:05 PM #32
Strategic1 Strategic1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,150
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Strategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP4P View Post
Do I know you? where did I say I hate pacquaio? You guys are didnt even realize the poster who responded to me started the WHAT IF game so I answered his question, you guys read one post and go on and on without even looking back at what started the conversation. If I dont think bradley was THAT high on the P4P list because he truly lost to Pacquiao thats my opinion, you guys look silly trying to convince me otherwise because P4P is subjective and he wasnt that high on my list.
Ok maybe you don't hate PAC. I just figured the way you talk (type) , you sound childish. Making counter attacks calling people worshippers.." you can't even read".... calling people "lame".

Attacking other posters like that,... and the basis of your argument... It just seemed typical hater crap.

So if I was wrong...SORRY.

You just sounded childish to me.
Strategic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:11 PM #33
Strategic1 Strategic1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,150
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Strategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP4P View Post
Amir Khan, Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman, Marcos Maidana, heck even Guerrero has a chance against Bradley. The buck doesnt stop at Top Rank, people forget theres other welterweights.
We gave reasons why Bradley was ranked... which you keep on disputing.. Not who is capable of beating Bradley.

Either way, none of those guys you listed have a win comparable to Bradley's win over another P4P fighter.

That's how it works. You beat another P4P fighter who's coming off a hyped win over another P4P fighter... then you get ranked high. Simple.
Strategic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:11 PM #34
MrP4P MrP4P is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 917
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
MrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud of
Points: 28,963.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,963.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategic1 View Post
Ok maybe you don't hate PAC. I just figured the way you talk (type) , you sound childish. Making counter attacks calling people worshippers.." you can't even read".... calling people "lame".

Attacking other posters like that,... and the basis of your argument... It just seemed typical hater crap.

So if I was wrong...SORRY.

You just sounded childish to me.
That was avalid observation because the poster clearly jumped at me without even understanding what the conversation was about, once I pointed it out its no coincidence he stopped responding, so I dont take that back. Yes people sounded like worshippers because they want to believe Bradley was the 2nd best fighter in the world behind Mayweather just to add to Pacquiaos win, I found that silly.. once again my opinion and people forget P4P is subjective its not even all about resume so that argument is eaisly countered, if the weight is the same, how would said fighters skills match up against the other top fighters in the world, thats the premise of Pound for Pound, not who has the best resume by being gifted wins.. everyone forgets this..if based solely on resume then robbieres completely alter the list, pound for pound if weight was the same I dont think bradley defeats Pacquiao, Martinez, Andre Ward,Mayweather.. therefore I stick to my guns that hes not ranked THAT high in my eyes.

Last edited by MrP4P; 07-17-2014 at 12:14 PM.
MrP4P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 PM #35
Strategic1 Strategic1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,150
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Strategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Default

Martinez and Ward are in different weight classes obviously. Though Ward and Bradley fought in the amateurs.

The Bradley that fought PAC the first 5 rounds in PAC-Bradley 2 is tough to beat. He fought stupid in the 2nd half (last 6-7 rounds of the fight) PAC did make adjustments which Bradley acknowledged. And Bradley got injured. I'm not sure which played a bigger role.

Based on what we seen from Bradley against JMM and that first 5 rounds against PAC, ...I'd favor him over any other welter. He hasn't been knocked out before so you'd have to outbox Bradley to win.

It's just a matter of Bradley staying disciplined and staying mentally in it. If he's disciplined (as he was a full 12 rounds with JMM), IMO he beats those welters you mentioned (Amir, Porter, Thurman, Guerrero)
Strategic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:49 PM #36
MrP4P MrP4P is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 917
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
MrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud of
Points: 28,963.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,963.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategic1 View Post
Martinez and Ward are in different weight classes obviously. Though Ward and Bradley fought in the amateurs.

The Bradley that fought PAC the first 5 rounds in PAC-Bradley 2 is tough to beat. He fought stupid in the 2nd half (last 6-7 rounds of the fight) PAC did make adjustments which Bradley acknowledged. And Bradley got injured. I'm not sure which played a bigger role.

Based on what we seen from Bradley against JMM and that first 5 rounds against PAC, ...I'd favor him over any other welter. He hasn't been knocked out before so you'd have to outbox Bradley to win.

It's just a matter of Bradley staying disciplined and staying mentally in it. If he's disciplined (as he was a full 12 rounds with JMM), IMO he beats those welters you mentioned (Amir, Porter, Thurman, Guerrero)
Well you think more highly of Bradley than I do so ofcourse you wont agree since you legitimately believe hes the 3rd best welterweight(even though I disagree) however most just say it to add to Pacquiaos win. I dont think he beats Khan IMO because Khan relies on SPEED while Pacquiao used his boxing ability plus speed to bother Bradley, and you even mention that speed is what did Bradley in. Bradley is tough, I wont argue that, Ward still says that was his toughest fight even though they were like 14 years old. My whole argument was that Pound for Pound was made to rate fighters that were in different weight classes head to head by skill and some mention to resume and popularity, and Bradley wasnt that high on my list compare to Martinez, Ward, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Rigo, Wlad and others. The same people who claim bradley was legit top 3 are the same ones who bashed him saying Ruslan beat him and got robbed prior to the Pacquiao rematch then use that win to justify his P4P ranking after the Pacquiao rematch.. alot of people flip flop and thats fact, not opinion.

Last edited by MrP4P; 07-17-2014 at 12:54 PM.
MrP4P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:11 PM #37
Strategic1 Strategic1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,150
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Strategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond reputeStrategic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,635,675,402,782.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP4P View Post
Well you think more highly of Bradley than I do so ofcourse you wont agree since you legitimately believe hes the 3rd best welterweight(even though I disagree) however most just say it to add to Pacquiaos win. I dont think he beats Khan IMO because Khan relies on SPEED while Pacquiao used his boxing ability plus speed to bother Bradley, and you even mention that speed is what did Bradley in. Bradley is tough, I wont argue that, Ward still says that was his toughest fight even though they were like 14 years old. My whole argument was that Pound for Pound was made to rate fighters that were in different weight classes head to head by skill and some mention to resume and popularity, and Bradley wasnt that high on my list compare to Martinez, Ward, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Rigo, Wlad and others. The same people who claim bradley was legit top 3 are the same ones who bashed him saying Ruslan beat him and got robbed prior to the Pacquiao rematch then use that win to justify his P4P ranking after the Pacquiao rematch.. alot of people flip flop and thats fact, not opinion.
Bradley-Khan would be a good matchup. Damn, hope this cold war BS ends soon.

We can debate this all we want. But we wouldn't know anything for sure until these guys face each other.
Strategic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:15 PM #38
MrP4P MrP4P is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 917
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
MrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud ofMrP4P has much to be proud of
Points: 28,963.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,963.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategic1 View Post
Bradley-Khan would be a good matchup. Damn, hope this cold war BS ends soon.

We can debate this all we want. But we wouldn't know anything for sure until these guys face each other.
I might be one of the few that believe Arum has no interest in staging anything other than in house fights for his company and simply wanted to get in Oscars ear when Oscar presented the oppurtunity for him to do so, to get rid of Richard and wipe out the competeition.. now Oscar doesnt even know whos under GBP and I bet Arum is smiling especially when the likes of Thurman and others said they would consider Top Rank.
MrP4P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:13 PM #39
IboxSouthpaw IboxSouthpaw is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 300
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
IboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond reputeIboxSouthpaw has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,008.02
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 24,008.02
No Message - IboxSouthpaw No Message - IboxSouthpaw 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - IboxSouthpaw Childhood Cancer - IboxSouthpaw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - IboxSouthpaw 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP4P View Post
If we look at it that wyay you have to consider that Marquez ONLY fought Bradley because Bradley had the welterwight title and Marquez was chasing the 5th title in 5 divisions, he would have won it from Pacquiao if Pacquiao didnt get robbed in the first Bradley fight so Maqruez Bradley would have never happened, That robbery altered the P4P list. I cant act like Bradley was really that good, so if he lost to Pacquiao, never fought marquez and then fought Ruslan who was fresh off of ESPN firday night fights... Bradley doesnt even sniff top 10 P4P.
^ some true **** right there.. Rios .. Bradley ... These guys show manny is on the c side physically .. I need to see a real top 10 win from PAC
IboxSouthpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
career?, pacquiao, side

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.