Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse? Ward drain Dawson, Pacquiao drain De La Hoya/Cotto, Mayweather drain Canelo..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    What unfair advantage did Manny have over Cotto who has a history of coming in at less than 147? Are you telling me that it was the one pound that made Cotto get his **** pushed in?

Cotto came in at

146 vs Quintana
    146.5 vs Judah
    146.25 vs Mosley
    146.50 vs Gomez
    146 vs Clottey

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339629
    So why ask for it?

Comment

In hindsight it was De La Hoya-Pacquiao. Before I thought it was obvious Dawson didn't belong at 168.

I know both those guys did it to themselves and it wasn't necessarily Ward/Pacquiao that forced them to be drained, but it still makes those wins not as impressive, IMO.

Comment

And people shouldn't pretend that Dawson wasn't drained for his fight against Ward. He had no legs throughout that entire fight. Anytime he got hit clean his legs just collapsed.
        Last edited by Rocky Rode; 05-17-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
          So why ask for it?
          because they still weren't sure about 147(thus hatton at 140 after hoya)
          it was pretty obvious to everyone including pac's camp hoya was drained, they didn't know how they'd do vs a healthy strong welter, so pacquiao was eased into the class

hoya fight must've been mouth watering when the cash got flashed

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            How can you compare things that have happened with things that haven't? It like asking which was better, xmas 2012 or halloween 2014. I know you want to **** on floyd for what his father has said but at least make a thread that isn't completely ******ed.
            Lol.. Did you miss all the other boxers on the list? I mention Floyd within a list of other boxers and all of sudden it's all about someone taking shots at Floyd? Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              Lol.. Did you miss all the other boxers on the list? I mention Floyd within a list of other boxers and all of sudden it's all about someone taking shots at Floyd? Wtf?
              But your adding something that has not happened , and you probably started the thread going on your timing because of Floyds situation and it hasnt happened lol

And the biggest joke is it leads the pol yet it hasnt happened what a bunch of kid haters where fantasy beats reality lol .
              Last edited by Reloaded; 05-17-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Because he is an average fighter.

I hate to burst your bubble, but great fighters don't lose to a one dimensional d*ckwad like Jean Pascal.

You'll look back on my post about Dawson being an average fighter with mental issues and nod your head in agreement a few years from now.
                If that's all the choices, great vs average, then I guess so. But he's a 2x + lineal champ, top 10 p4p at some point. Beat a lot of legit top 10 guys, more than most champs around.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Oscar wanted the fight at 147.
                  Dawson challenged Ward at 168.
                  Hopkins challenged Froch at a CW.

Floyd is however a champion at 154.
                  this ^^ is the truth, it's quite simple really.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    But your adding something that has not happened , and you probably started the thread going on your timing because of Floyds situation and it hasnt happened lol

And the biggest joke is it leads the pol yet it hasnt happened what a bunch of kid haters where fantasy beats reality lol .
                    But what happens if the fight falls through because of the crazy weight demand? You won't believe it unless Floyd comes out and says, 147 or no fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      It was the Froch-Hopkins situation sparked it off. That "hasn't happened" either. That's why I said potentially in the poll - because it hasn't happened, it just potentially could happen.

Hopkins is a 48 year old man, he's the last guy that needs to go through weight-draining.

At least Canelo is real young - he'll probably be able to recover from the draining better than a 48 year old Hopkins in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X