Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest Fighter out the UK Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
    Don't forget that even though Lewis is born in UK, he's a boxing product of Canada
    Yeah, that's true, but it's hard to pinpoint Lewis as Jamaican, British, American, or Canadian?

Comment

Don't forget that even though Lewis is born in UK, he's a boxing product of Canada
      Under that guise, Chris Eubank is a "boxing product" of the US, but he is still British.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Under that guise, Chris Eubank is a "boxing product" of the US, but he is still British, as is Lewis.
        at what age did Eubank start boxing in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Yeah, that's true, but it's hard to pinpoint Lewis as Jamaican, British, American, or Canadian?
          oh I have no problem at all with UK people being proud of Lewis, or Jamaican, Im totally fine with that. It's just that sometimes I find it unfair that people forget Lewis started and learned boxing in Canada and went to the Olympics for this country. So I don't think somebody could use Lewis as an argument on how good UK is to develop great boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post

He wasn't sent over there to box though, unlike his son. Whilst Eubank Sr was over here he was a shoplifting, drug & alcohol addict and his father sent him over to live with his mother.

Crazy to think that is what he's come from when you look at him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
              I believe he began his career in the US, and was never popular in the UK in his prime (Green Teefs don't like the showboating stuff for some reason. I love it, personally).

People always answer "A fat ****sexual Jamaican" to this question, which basically translates as "I've never heard of Jimmy Wilde, Ted 'Kid' Lewis or Randolph Turpin."

Though the correct answer is, of course, Danny Williams.

Comment

So I don't think somebody could use Lewis as an argument on how good UK is to develop great boxers.
                We didn't have a great system over here at all, it took until 2001 for us to win any sort of medal at an amateur world championship. We took more medals in 2011 then we did between 2001 - 2010.

What McCracken and his team have done is amazing and because of our Olympic success, boxing has received a big increase in funding. Future is looking bright.

Comment

oh I have no problem at all with UK people being proud of Lewis, or Jamaican, Im totally fine with that. It's just that sometimes I find it unfair that people forget Lewis started and learned boxing in Canada and went to the Olympics for this country. So I don't think somebody could use Lewis as an argument on how good UK is to develop great boxers.
                  But he was born here. For the first few years of his life he lived on tea, chips and the Queen.

Comment

Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      People always answer "A fat ****sexual Jamaican" to this question, which basically translates as "I've never heard of Jimmy Wilde, Ted 'Kid' Lewis or Randolph Turpin."
                      Originally posted by ussy View Post
                      Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                      X