Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward's idea of a 9 oz glove? agree or disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Steward's idea of a 9 oz glove? agree or disagree?

Stewad made a good comment in one fight I watched, he said that fighters from the super welter weight (and up) division have to wear 10 oz gloves the same size as one of his champions Wlad Klitschko has to wear but Klitscko is 100 pounds heavier so
    he suggested that guys from 154 and up should be allowed to wear 9 oz gloves. Do you agree or disagree or is 1 oz not worthy of a thread discussion?

No I don't agree because that could be a negotiating problem and how much is one ounce different gonna make. Sure there's people who weigh 100 pounds more but how many people weigh as much as the Klitschko's so I say just just keep them the same.

Comment

I thought it was a good idea. It could possibly make for more KO's at 154 and 160. It can only work if they make it the standard rather than just an option.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        I thought it was a good idea. It could possibly make for more KO's at 154 and 160. It can only work if they make it the standard rather than just an option.
        Or rather 154 and under 8oz 168 and above 10oz

160 8 or 10 fighters prefrence

Comment

Why is this right before the main event?

This fight should at best be on FNF

Comment

wrong thread.....

Comment

I believe a while back all pro fights were fought with 8 ounce gloves from 112 to heavyweight. That seemed to work ok. One ounce probably does not matter much but I don't know that for a fact.

Comment

Working...
              X