No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    People are impatient to get her to Westeros because she's been talking about since season 1 and they want the dragons to burn up some armies, yet she's actually gone backwards in her capability. In season 1 she had Drogo and all those Dothraki, now she has a few thousand Spartans and some guys who want to bang her. It's not enough.
    **** Dany. All hail Stannis Baratheon, the one true King.

The character arcs of the likes of Jaime, Theon, Cersei, Arya, Sansa etc etc are far more interesting for me personally. disliking characters doesn't me I'm *****ing. Obviously Dany makes the story even more in depth and interesting. Considering she could be Azor Ahai reborn and all that. She's just one of the last people I'd want to see on the throne.
    Last edited by Golden; 05-01-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden View Post

The character arcs of the likes of Jaime, Theon, Cersei, Arya, Sansa etc etc are far more interesting for me personally. disliking characters doesn't me I'm *****ing. Obviously Dany makes the story even more in depth and interesting. Considering she could be Azor Ahai reborn and all that. She's just one of the last people I'd want to see on the throne.
      Poor Stannis. The Westerosi Rodney Dangerfield.

I don't particularly like Theon. They try to make me feel bad for him, and I don't even a little bit. Jaime's alright, Cersei I don't like but I understand why she is the way she is. Sansa bores me. Tyrion's had a pretty good journey.

Arya is the best. **** these other fools.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
        Probably not showing the dragons because of the cost

I agree, the casual tv audience will be like where are the dragons. They are kinda a big deal.

Show is all about the dragons and the others (white walkers).
        Black or red, a dragon is still a dragon.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
          i posted some reddit tinfoil in the GoT group, in the spoilers topic if any of you want to read any of it.

yep.
          Lol, your sig is just wrong! Lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by Croyd View Post
            At this point , "in the books", the dragons are out of Dany's control and are currently ravaging the countryside. This is as much as I am going to say because as a book reader I don't want to ruin the story for you.

1 dragon is dead , the black dragon cannibalized him.
            This was a troll, none of this happened in the books , i was just messing with Tase.
            Some things that I can say that aren't spoilers but are actually history that didn't make it onto the show.

There are more dragons than just the 3 Dany has, in season 2 they give a 1 second glimpse of one of them through the eyes of Summer,Bran's wolf.
            This dragon seems to be lingering just south of the Wall.

I read a history of Westeros in a book called "Dangerous Women".
            In this book ,George Martin,the author of Game of Thrones, tells the history of the "Dance with Dragons", a story which concludes with no more dragons in Westeros. What he does say in the prequel, is that at least 4-5 dragons are still wandering the wilderness of the planet that Westeros is on.
            I for get how long dragons live but I think its around 500 years, the prequel is about 300 years before Game of Thrones.

As for why Oberyn Martel hates the Lannisters.
            Oberyn's sister was married to Dany Targyrean's brother, Rhaegar son of the King Jaime killed.
            Jaime Lannister killed the mad king, he is now Kinglsayer, who was Father-in-law to Oberyn's sister.
            After Robert Baratheon killed Rhaeger, Obery'ns sister's husband and also son of the Mad King, he led his army towards King's Landing.
            Before he got there , Tywin Lannister was allowed into the city by sort of pretending to be on the side of the Mad King and all the Targaeryians.
            Once Tywin was in the city with his army , he killed all the Targs, they murdered the nieces and nephews of Oberyn Martel and also raped and murdered his sister, Elia Martell. Tywin claims that his troops, The Mountain that Rides brother of the Hound, acted without his command.
            Oberyn sees it as that they were his troops and that he commanded it.

Comment

• this epic story is so massive even the TV format doesn't even give it justice. we all complained of how we get to see less CGI stuff because of tight budget and yet this is probably the most expensive TV series ever, shooting in 3 continents together with richly detailed production sets & costumes. even this one dwarfs LOTR in overall quality

Comment

• I gotta say though, as weak as Dany's storyline is, at least it's not boring and moving plot-wise unlike the fucking Walking Dead where the dumbass writers are trying to spread 2 episodes worth of story across 8 episodes every half season.

Comment

• people including myself are just nitpicking at this point.

its the best show on television bar none.

**** all the other crap shows that hbo is spending on (except for true detective), spend some more money on thrones. id like them to stretch it out to more than 10 episodes. maybe do the standard 12.

the freaking president is asking for advanced copies ffs....

its ****ing hbo, how can they not afford more CGI?

Comment

• This has been great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden View Post

Series 1 Dany's character arc was the strongest on the show. She went from being a naive pawn in her brothers political game, to out growing her brother as she established herself as Khalesi and then finally coming away from Drogos death all the stronger as the Mother of Dragons.

Since then her story has stagnated. She is as far away as ever from the Iron Throne, she seems more and more disconnected from the plot of the rest of the show and it's getting hard to care as she sacks one interchangeable Slaver City after another.

I'm starting to get a little bored of her storyline, but I have a feeling there is something big just around the corner for her to pull me back in.
                      Last edited by Welsh Jon; 05-02-2014, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X