Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedor vs. Bigfoot in Feb...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last I heard Kharitonov is slated to face Arlovski.

I think we should wait for a real announcement though before making too many speculations. So far it's all rumours.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
      Lol.. are we ever gonna see Reem/Fedor? Damn I wanna see this fight!
      this is the money fight ^ if M1 doesn't get in the way, that is

Comment

Originally posted by ѓallenloki View Post
        Looks like the fight is already in trouble because of Fedor's management.
        Dammit.. seriously, do u think m-1 has served him any good? Seems to me they have just held him back as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
          Dammit.. seriously, do u think m-1 has served him any good? Seems to me they have just held him back as of late.
          I'm not sure what he's referring to, but apparently an article came out shortly after the rumor mill that contracts haven't been signed, which is 100% non-surprising seeing as there hasn't been an official announcement of any sort. M-1 also apparently posted on their website that an agreement has been reached for a contract extension (I saw it on another forum, and I think the actual post was in Russian, so it was a translation saying that M-1 had reached a deal with Strikeforce and Showtime). Again, just more speculation, so my advice, wait for the announcements.

I'd be interested to hearr Felenko's source though. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's the "no contracts have been signed" piece. They're playing you guys for website hits.

Comment

Felenko?

I got the update off of a few MMA news bloggers I follow on twitter.

Basically their reasoning is that M-1 has been the reason that Fedor hasn't fought much in the past three years. They've killed every proposed match up with contract negotiations. Now it looks like they'll be holding up this tournament since the ball will essentially be in M-1's court.

Nothing official, but it isn't much of a stretch

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
              Felenko?

I got the update off of a few MMA news bloggers I follow on twitter.

Basically their reasoning is that M-1 has been the reason that Fedor hasn't fought much in the past three years. They've killed every proposed match up with contract negotiations. Now it looks like they'll be holding up this tournament since the ball will essentially be in M-1's court.

Nothing official, but it isn't much of a stretch

Which matches have they killed specifically with contract negotiations? Ive asked this several times with absolutely no answer from doubters and those with an agenda against M1.

This thing seems to be a goer, ive seen SF and M-1 report and similar thing.

Comment

SOURCE (russian): Mix Fight M-1 - бои без правил, микс файт

M-1 Global and Strikeforce in association with popular cable tv Showtime have made a new deal for next several years to organize events including Fedor.
                He will have his next fight on 12th of February.
                The fight between Fedor ans Silva will be one of two first quarterfinals of unique 8-man tournament.

Besides Fedor and Silva there will be such stars as Alistair Overeem, Fabricio Werdum, Josh Barnett, Andrei Arlovski, Brett Rogers, Sergei Kharitonov.

Ken Herschman (Showtime): "I cannot think about better start for Fedor in 2011. Fedor is well known amongst the fans around the world. We are honored to continue our realtionships with M-1 and Strikeforce whereby our subscribers can enjoy watching fights of best fighter in history of MMA."

Vadim Finkelstein (M-1): "I`m really glad.. blah blah blah.. Everyone will win from this agreement, especially fans that want to see Fedor fight more"

Fedor:: "I`ve trained really hard from a moment I fought last time and I can`t wait for a moment when I can be back to the cage. Strikeforce has best fighters in the world and now I have opportunity to meet them in a torney format"

Comment

Looks like Overeem vs Werdum...

Comment

who's this Bigfoot Silva? Is he that massive dude who was at Pride?

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                      who's this Bigfoot Silva? Is he that massive dude who was at Pride?
                      no that was giant silva http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Paulo-Cesar-Silva-9400

bigfoot is antonio silva
                      http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Antonio-Silva-12354

Comment

Working...
                      X