Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is having TOO much courage a good or a bad thing in Boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonderful footage of the GOAT.

Only 20 years old here, fighting at Madison Square Garden...and he was in with another young power puncher who had power in both hands and hit from awkward angles.

Clay/Ali drops his guard and walks into Banks' left hook, and consequently Clay got dropped in the 1st (end of the 1st round, Banks also lands BIG right bomb immediately before the bell). Ali comes back out and knocks him down in the 2nd, and ultimately wins via 4th round TKO (stoppage).

Is there ever TOO much courage? maybe. But courage made Muhammad Ali arguably the greatest fighter of all time. But was it at the cost of his health? It's quite possible.

Last edited by NesNY; 09-27-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Good for the fans, bad for the brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
        Good for the fans, bad for the brain.
        Nice post dawgy.....short but to the point......truer words were never spoken.....green K coming your way!

Comment

The answer is already in the question, "too much" is "too much" aka bad, not much to argue about really.
          Unless you like to see people getting brain damage just to prove their toughness to thousand precious little internet warriors.

Comment

just imagine boxing with alot of sergio mora's fighting. I would switch to curling if that **** happens.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
              The answer is already in the question, "too much" is "too much" aka bad, not much to argue about really.
              Unless you like to see people getting brain damage just to prove their toughness to thousand precious little internet warriors.
              You'd be surprised how many athletes do........

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                just imagine boxing with alot of sergio mora's fighting. I would switch to curling if that **** happens.
                ahhahahhahahhah classic.......

Comment

your corner has to know when its over. unless your a big puncher.
                  fighters at times should be protected from there own courage. i hate
                  when a corner lets a fighter keep going out there till he is all used up.

Comment

Originally posted by NECK SNAPPER View Post
                    your corner has to know when its over. unless your a big puncher.
                    fighters at times should be protected from there own courage. i hate
                    when a corner lets a fighter keep going out there till he is all used up.
                    That's where I were put it.......the corner.......a fighter fights....until his people take on themselves to call it quits...........

Comment

Working...
                    X