No announcement yet.

Console gamers with 4k sets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Thanks for the input and recommendations, fellas.

Nah man, you cant go by picture quality at the store.

These higher end sets, you pretty much are going to get it calibrated by a pro, if you want the most out of them.

Kev is right. LG is the best out right now.
    I understand if you go with the Sony one, it has a good price and it's good for gaming. But if you're planning on also using your tv to watch some 4K movies and watch some sports too, or stream in 4K i'd consider LG.

In the end LG vs Samsung vs Sony 4K is all just first world problems. You can continue living your life normally with Sony.

All I know is when I upgrade i'm going for that LG G7. Have you seen it? It's like a glass.

Look at this video of it at 00:30 to 00:40 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I understand if you go with the Sony one, it has a good price and it's good for gaming. But if you're planning on also using your tv to watch some 4K movies and watch some sports too, or stream in 4K i'd consider LG.

In the end LG vs Samsung vs Sony 4K is all just first world problems. You can continue living your life normally with Sony.

All I know is when I upgrade i'm going for that LG G7. Have you seen it? It's like a glass.

Look at this video of it at 00:30 to 00:40 seconds

Gawdamn Kev, you must be living right to be in the hunt for that thing.

The B7 that I had a chance to sit down and look at was pretty god tier, and that thing is going for right around 3k for a 65 inch.

Comment

I went simple - a 4k WebOS LG HDR from Best Buy last year, ran me around $600 but it looks excellent to me. I've got the PS4, Xbox One and Switch all hooked up to it with very few complaints.

This is coming off of an old Sharp AQUOS that was huge, difficult to lift, etc. that I bought for $1500 some years ago. This guy you can lift with one arm, thin as all get out with amazing picture especially from the PS4.

Comment

Gawdamn Kev, you must be living right to be in the hunt for that thing.

The B7 that I had a chance to sit down and look at was pretty god tier, and that thing is going for right around 3k for a 65 inch.
          Lol don't get it twisted, i'm not going for a $5k tv, i'll wait. Remember I said 2-3 years.

I haven't seen the B7.

Have you seen Sony's A1E OLED 4K? It has freaking sound coming from the screen itself. It starts at $3.5k for 55 inch. If I was to get a Sony tv, it would be this, and only this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-...?skuId=5770951

Comment

1500 is the max.

The sets I'm looking at would probably be around 1000 when the big shopping deals hit, though.
            what size do you need?

The onsale prices of the 55" lg oled are 1500-1600. Normal 2k. It will probably be that price for black friday.

65" and the price goes up a lot, another 1k or so. Oled is the future but its just out of my price range. I have a hard time spending 1.5k for a TV when technology moves so fast. holding out to upgrade though because OLED is so much better than all the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              what size do you need?

The onsale prices of the 55" lg oled are 1500-1600. Normal 2k. It will probably be that price for black friday.

65" and the price goes up a lot, another 1k or so. Oled is the future but its just out of my price range. I have a hard time spending 1.5k for a TV when technology moves so fast. holding out to upgrade though because OLED is so much better than all the other stuff.
              What is oled? I never heard of that term before.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                What is oled? I never heard of that term before.

OLED is a different screen technology. Some of the samsung cell phones have OLED screens. Much deeper colors and it can give you pure blacks like plasmas did. The light is generated from each pixel similiar to plasma vs LED which must have a back light.

its best to see it in person in store. Its going to be the future for TV's and computer/laptop monitors but its more expensive right now. For smaller screens like cell phones the price difference isnt that big and mid level cell phones have been using them for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  OLED is a different screen technology. Some of the samsung cell phones have OLED screens. Much deeper colors and it can give you pure blacks like plasmas did. The light is generated from each pixel similiar to plasma vs LED which must have a back light.

its best to see it in person in store. Its going to be the future for TV's and computer/laptop monitors but its more expensive right now. For smaller screens like cell phones the price difference isnt that big and mid level cell phones have been using them for a while.
                  I still have my Samsumg 65 inch plasma in the bedroom. Heavy as f***, but for nearly 10 years that TV works without a problem.

Comment

LG 65SJ8500 don't look else where

Comment

Originally posted by Roja's480 View Post
                      LG 65SJ8500 don't look else where
                      Never liked LG. Vizio is cheaper, but a lot better picture and brighter IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X