61 year old man uses boxing skills to defeat bear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rovi View Post

they can run for some 2 hours...

If they have Alex Ariza in their camp maybe.

Comment

This just proves my theory that a big elite heavyweight boxer like Joshua could beat a bear in a one on one fight.

I'm not saying that he would win every time but he can definitely beat a bear. Bears are really vulnerable in the nose. All it takes is a well timed precise 1-2 power combo from Joshua and it would be all over for the bear. People severely underestimate how hard, fast and precise an elite boxer can hit, the bear wouldn't be able to deal with that speed and would be destroyed by the power of flush shots.

Here's another slightly similar story http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/07...se_a_23041891/

People think that if a bear attacks you it's all over but that's actually not always the case. Like I said I'd favour an elite heavyweight fighter over a bear.
      Last edited by RedZmaja; 09-09-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
        This just proves my theory that a big elite heavyweight boxer like Joshua could beat a bear in a one on one fight.

I'm not saying that he would win every time but he can definitely beat a bear. Bears are really vulnerable in the nose. All it takes is a well timed precise 1-2 power combo from Joshua and it would be all over for the bear. People severely underestimate how hard, fast and precise an elite boxer can hit, the bear wouldn't be able to deal with that speed and would be destroyed by the power of flush shots.

Here's another slightly similar story http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/07...se_a_23041891/

People think that if a bear attacks you it's all over but that's actually not always the case. Like I said I'd favour an elite heavyweight fighter over a bear.
        A big elite HW would be Fury.

The fact you labeled AJ elite, with his best win being a narrow stoppage that easily goes the other way if Wlad close it aggressively, tells me you know about as much about boxing as Conor McGregor.

Comment

Wtf kind of thread is this? Boxers beat up bears now?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            A big elite HW would be Fury.

The fact you labeled AJ elite, with his best win being a narrow stoppage that easily goes the other way if Wlad close it aggressively, tells me you know about as much about boxing as Conor McGregor.
            Fury is not a boxer anymore, he is retired. Bringing him up is about as relevant as bringing up Mike Tyson. Also, you missed the point of my post completely which shows me that you're not really intelligent which makes me doubt you can understand boxing. My post wasn't about Joshua. Also, "elite" can have a wider meaning, the top boxers in current division are elite when compared to average pro boxers.

Comment

Fury is not a boxer anymore, he is retired. Bringing him up is about as relevant as bringing up Mike Tyson. Also, you missed the point of my post completely which shows me that you're not really intelligent which makes me doubt you can understand boxing. My post wasn't about Joshua. Also, "elite" can have a wider meaning, the top boxers in current division are elite when compared to average pro boxers.

First of all, your first sentence makes no sense.

I've never turned pro, and i'm a boxer. Just because he got his license revoked doesn't mean he all of the sudden isn't a boxer. It just means he can't fight in sanctioned fights.

Bringing up Fury and bringing up Mike Tyson are not the same at all. Tyson hasn't competed in many years and actually retired. Fury has never retired and his comeback only has legal obstacles. He will be back, and he will regain the titles. He is levels above any active HW and it's not close.

and as far as...

I am not intelligent?
              I can't understand boxing?

It's clear you don't know who you're talking to on here. I've been a staple of this community for long enough that those statements are flat out ridiculous.

Anyway, of course elite is best understood with context, the whole point of my post was to bash AJ fanbois and acknowledge Fury as the true kingpin at the same time. Not every post or statement on NSB should be taken literally / at face value.

Comment

Yeah no PPV numbers doe. Ratings were shyt

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

First of all, your first sentence makes no sense.

I've never turned pro, and i'm a boxer. Just because he got his license revoked doesn't mean he all of the sudden isn't a boxer. It just means he can't fight in sanctioned fights.

Bringing up Fury and bringing up Mike Tyson are not the same at all. Tyson hasn't competed in many years and actually retired. Fury has never retired and his comeback only has legal obstacles. He will be back, and he will regain the titles. He is levels above any active HW and it's not close.

and as far as...

I am not intelligent?
                  I can't understand boxing?

It's clear you don't know who you're talking to on here. I've been a staple of this community for long enough that those statements are flat out ridiculous.

Anyway, of course elite is best understood with context, the whole point of my post was to bash AJ fanbois and acknowledge Fury as the true kingpin at the same time. Not every post or statement on NSB should be taken literally / at face value.
                  You're an idiot plain and simple because you missed the entire context of this thread and my post. I'm not an AJ fan boy and this has nothing to do with him. I just picked him because he's an elite puncher and a modern super-HW known for his power and explosiveness. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing, go find some idiot on your level who will entertain you.

The only reason you attacked my post is because of the wording that I used and on this basis you somehow concluded that I don't know anything about boxing which is just ridiculous. This just shows me you're a petty person who spends time here to argue out of bitterness. I don't give a **** if you're a staple of this community or whatever, internet forums are a waste of time, that's why I post very rarely.

Comment

I've seen this thread tons of times, and always ignored it. Turns out I made a massive mistake. There's some gold in here, notably this...

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    His resume is already better than Golovkin's damn

Comment

You're an idiot plain and simple because you missed the entire context of this thread and my post. I'm not an AJ fan boy and this has nothing to do with him. I just picked him because he's an elite puncher and a modern super-HW known for his power and explosiveness. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing, go find some idiot on your level who will entertain you.

The only reason you attacked my post is because of the wording that I used and on this basis you somehow concluded that I don't know anything about boxing which is just ridiculous. This just shows me you're a petty person who spends time here to argue out of bitterness. I don't give a **** if you're a staple of this community or whatever, internet forums are a waste of time, that's why I post very rarely.
                      This is my own thread, how do I miss the point to my own thread?

and of course I am going to conclude you don't know boxing if you consider AJ better than Fury, which many idiots do. I know you didn't say so outright, but you go and mention someone who is probably the 4th best HW right now at most and call him elite as if he is some golden standard.

bitterness.

I've been on cloud 9 since Rungvisai stopped Roman Gonzalez. Clearly the bitter one is you here. Like my dude Zaroku would say, let it go, let it go.

OMG...I just saw you called AJ an elite puncher, then called him explosive.
                      I'm done here.

Comment

Working...
                      X