Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bleacher: Unwillingness to Fight Gennady Golovkin Has Created a Middleweight Mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cork View Post
    I honestly want him to try unify smw and try lhw later on. I actually think it's a 50/50 fight against ward or kov but I can't blame him for his goal. After his career is over I'm sure there gonna be a lot of what ifs.
    I can't see him ever going to 175. Dude keeps himself in shape. I don't see him going any higher than 168.

I'm not even saying he should abandon 160 ], just go to 168 to make a fight we want to see rather than a fight like Brrok where all but the diehard GGG fans think the fight is a forgone conclusion.

Comment

Is it really a mess though?

GGG is the clear champion of the division by pretty much any standard except for the (in this case completely devalued and unreliable) lineal title.

Comment

Those saying move up to 168, why? There's nothing compelling there, plus in just one fight with saunders, thats 160 wrapped up. He should get the lineal title now that canelo has jumped back out of the division. I'd like to see the lara fight, I'd have liked any of the MW or at least JMW be in this next fight rather than brook, because it does look bad. But stop it with the bull'ish of moving up, to be this close to locking out the division, one belt remaining, ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Canelo is young, he wants to fight GGG, but Oscar won't let him) because he knows)...
          I can't put all of the blame on Oscar. If Canelo truly wanted the Golovkin fight he would demand it.

Canelo clearly doesn't want the fight and his ridiculous contradictory comments prove that.

Comment

Working...
          X