No announcement yet.

Rigonndeaux: Time is ticking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
    rigo is done, he surrounded himself with idiots, which proves that he is not too smart either, he's said repeatedly that he doesn't have to change his style because he is the champ, so basically he doesn't care about the fans; that last fiasco with the visa showed he doen't care about boxing anymore, the sooner he retires, the better for boxing.
    His career is all but ruined. Rigo has himself to blame for much of it. You're obviously disgusted. I'm with you. Rigo was so promising.

Comment

Time was ticking in 2013. He's all but done now.

Maybe he sells his name to an up and comer in a cash out fight at some point. He looks like he's getting some work helping young boxers and MMA fighters with their boxing so he may have found his lane.

Comment

Should have, could have, would have but he didn't.

Comment

Rigo has talent.

He wants to get paid what he think he is worth but nobody is paying for it. He makes the money by continually winning, not sitting in idle or crying that you are not getting what you are really worth.

He could have done more if he remained active but is style is not appealing to the masses. His last fight did not do him any favors

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Time has already ticked by on his prime.

We've never seen prime Rigo in a pro ring, what we have seen is the slightly past prime years of a special talent. What he did to Donaire was a glimpse of that talent, utterly taking apart a guy regarded as a top 3 P4P fighter at the time.

Sadly, nobody wanted to fight him. He's been avoided and had to fight anyone willing to get in the ring, including going to Japan for fights. It's hard to put together a great resume when the fighters that could make your resume great want no part of you.
            Perfect!! I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
              Rigo was past prime before he even turned pro. He could box into his 50s and win decisions but one day someone will catch him and he wont be getting up
              Imagine, nobody will be awake to see it lol...

Comment

rigo had a little cult following after beating nonito, since then he had one of the most boring fights ive ever seen in my life vs agbeko, and refused to change his style and demanded big star money while drawing poor ratings. isnt he with rocnation? he should get atleast a fight now right, the guy tried going to japan but nobody even wanted to fight him there

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                  I'm done with Rigo. Once that Visa situation happened I was threw with him. When he gets serious about his career so will I
                  as though he had any control over it if it was his own doing id be with u but i dont believe his handlers who everyone in business says is full of ****

Comment

Working...
                  X