No announcement yet.

So Rigo got offered 500K for Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Yeah but Loma made 750 k against that third class fighter he fought. His 6th fight I believe. Now is Loma more accomplished than Rigo, no he isn't. Does he have a bigger name, I don't think so.

Rigo made 700 k to fight a guy in Japan 1 fight ago and now he's gonna make 500 k against Loma?
    BUT HBO is willing to build Lomachenko and pay him...Same with Arum. Rigo signed with Roc Nation, so what can his people get him and where? the market dictates your worth...that's the economy we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      Rigo wants over 1.5mil hes not getting that from HBO or Arum. Both of them are nobodies, at this point take the money to give the hardcore fans what they want or **** off. 1 mil will be good but even that is to low for Rigo.
      Rigondeaux has been begging for one of the top tier 122 pounders to fight him. Then, he gets an offer from a top tier opponent and turns it down. As I have stated before, by the time he is 40, Rigondeaux will be homeless and living on the streets of Florida.

Comment

whats rigos career high payday? i cant imagine its much more than that

he made 700k vs donaire

Comment

who cares about rigo? I think only the OP and some 2 posters here lol

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            His stock is already high. He's considered top 10 P4P by mostly everybody. His problem is he's been branded boring. The only way to raise his stock is to abandon his style and go for the KO. Dominating Loma for 12 rnds won't raise his stock.
            He is branded as boring because he is really boring.
            Even his fans can;t defend his last outing against an overmatched opponent (Francisco)

Comment

This pro boxing we are talking about where entertainment is a must and not some amateur tournament where holding and clinching after amassing a lead is quite an accepted way of winning.

In pro boxing, winning isn;t everything.

Pacman schools Barrera.
              Rigo schools Donaire.

Both defeated a very good opponent, p4p level type of opponent. But what is the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                Not really. Loma should get less based on his records, accomplishments, tkoes, headlining a card and so on and so forth. But I am sure Rigo will agree with equal purse it's just Arum dude hence the low ball offer.
                I know that Rigo should take more, but Lomachenko's style is perceived as 'crowd pleasing' and Rigo's isn't... (I fell to sleep twice while watching Rigo fighting, even if I highly appreciate his craft...)

Comment

500K is a 100% strategy to avoid Rigo.

Since when does Loma's management even think they are worth more than Donaire? This is a ridiculous discussion.

Comment

500K for a fighter that nobody outside of hardcore fans know, and doesnt have a fan friendly style. For a guy that is not marketable or well known, that's a good payday.

If he's so confident he'll beat Loma he would take it. If he beats Loma it gives him more credibility, and opens more opportunities for better fights and better paydays
                    Last edited by jai mari078; 02-26-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                      If he's so confident he'll beat Loma he would take it. If he beats Loma it gives him more credibility, and opens more opportunities for better fights and better paydays
                      yeah and the same rhetoric will keep going after Rigo beats Loma. ''oh that was boring. they robbed Loma.'' the problem is HBO.

I say Rigo should just move up and fight Salido and show everyone how it's done. Or better yet, fight Takashi Uchiyama. Beating Takashi would move Rigo to #1 p4p.

However, Rigo's about to debut in the UK. If he pulls a performance light he did against Amagasa, surely it will gain some UK fans and justify the winner of Quigg or Frampton, before Leo Santa Cruz and mgmt try their best to acquire that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X