Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 03-22-2015, 12:00 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
rightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,200,729,201.46
Default donnie lalonde a successful career?

Just wondering if anyone remembered Canadian don lalonde won a portion of the light heavy title got a multimillionaire Payday against ray Leonard and did this with limited movement of his left arm. Anyone know how he is doing today?
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-22-2015, 02:45 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6693 Post(s)
Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,432,844,667,350,489,759,744.00
Total Points: 9,456,884,962,150,490,046,464.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane 
You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D 
Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 Real talk - jas war sugar - Mike D No Message - mathed 
Have some popcorn my brotha! - Mighty_Windir Suck my BBC, yall will lose then never see a repurblican win again.,, - STAX ON DECK For think'n you're relevant ! LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Good posts - ΣNΣMY One of the best posters here - 1bad65 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas 

I remember him... The leonard was one of the first fights I remember being hyped up when I was a child and started paying attention...

Not sure how he is doing now, but I would say with his limited ability, he had a pretty good career.. We are still talking about him 30 yrs later..
Sugar Adam Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:20 PM #3

Quoted: 2082 Post(s)
jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,781,582,379,298,515,320,832.00
Total Points: 4,781,682,380,298,515,382,272.00
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* funny poster in the lounge - jas 
atg poster - jas I &lt;3 you! - led No Message - jas thanks bro I didn't even notice - -jose- you got skills - Santa_ 
Trump! - Ruthless One :beerchug: - -jose- hilarious - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jaded AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
Just wondering if anyone remembered Canadian don lalonde won a portion of the light heavy title got a multimillionaire Payday against ray Leonard and did this with limited movement of his left arm. Anyone know how he is doing today?
I met him in the Dominican Republic a long time ago. He was going out with a girl from Winnipeg who's father was an x-pat living down there. Her father was trying to get him to invest down there I guess so he could get his hands on some of the 6 million he made from the Leonard fight. I don't think he ever did.

He used to be trained by Teddy Atlas but fired him because they didn't get along.

I read this in wikipedia...

Teddy Atlas' book revelation

In 2006, Teddy Atlas published his autobiography, Atlas: From the Streets to the Ring: A Son's Struggle to Become a Man. In the book, he revealed that he came close to murdering Lalonde. "When he made six million for Leonard, it tore me up," Atlas wrote. "It made me murderous." If Atlas had not been fired by Lalonde and he had trained him for the Leonard fight, he would've gotten 10% of his purse, $600,000.

Atlas described getting a gun and going to Lalonde's apartment building in New York. After getting buzzed into the building by another tenant, Atlas went to Lalonde's apartment and knocked on the door. "If he had opened the door, he was dead," Atlas wrote. "I would have pulled the trigger, turned around, and walked away." However, there was no answer.

Atlas waited through the night for Lalonde to return, periodically phoning the apartment. When he finally got through, Lalonde's girlfriend answered. When asked if Lalonde was home, she said yes. Atlas hung up and started making his way over to the apartment. Somewhere along the way, for whatever reason, Atlas changed his mind.

Lalonde knew nothing about it until the book came out and a friend told him about it. "It actually didn't surprise me when I heard it," he said. "Teddy got into fights with trainers and fighters quite a bit when I was with him. He may not be the most stable person walking around."

Lalonde is in his mid 50's today...I guess he's still big news in Winnipeg but you don't her much about him otherwise.
jaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:49 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
rightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,200,729,201.46

about two yea s ago their was dinner with don, Shave s and bowe in Edmonton Alberta
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 542 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,218,070,445,891,246.00
Total Points: 9,218,070,445,893,262.00

His stories to his grandchildren will be much better than ours.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
career?, donnie, lalonde, successful

User Tag List