Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Thurman, Brook or Pacquiao ever fight Spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Thurman, Brook or Pacquiao ever fight Spence?

Will Thurman ever fight Spence? He refused to do it when it was brought up, even if it meant he would get a Mayweather fight by winning. Will Brook ever fight Spence? I'm sure he doesn't fear Spence, who is less dangerous than Golovkin, but I think he sees a loss to Spence as an embarassment. How about Pacquiao? We really didn't need the Jessie Vargas fight. Why not even mention Spence?

I'm not saying that Spence would definitely beat any of them, however, he does stand a chance and everyone seems to pretend like he doesn't exist. When will the top names fight him?

Best chance is Thurman. He's going from fighting Porter to fighting Garcia. At welterweight he's the guy who's willing to truly make a name for himself.

Pacquiao is taking the safe fights. Brook has a busted eye he's gotta let heal and then figure out what he wants to even do with his career.

Comment

Lol Spence was a prospect until recently, I'm sure Thurman would happily unify with Spence assuming he beats Garcia and Spence wins the vacant IBF (I think Brook vacates)
      Last edited by Caught Square; 10-29-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Ofc they will

Comment

I didn't like Vargas as the opponent but Pacquiao fight wasn't too likely to begin with.

Thurman vs Spence should be a fight that you can easily make. Brook vs Spence doesn't look to be happening since he's moving up to 154.

Comment

they will fight in due time, spence barely came into recognition as a real player at the weight class.

Comment

thurman - at some point hell be pressured into the fight especially if he gets past danny and unifies and brooks picks up the IBF.

Brook - in a lose/lose situation. went up in weight, and cut it to meet 160 not to be under. didnt train like a guy who could move back down IMO after that leap. had he been in there at 156-157 on the scale id be more confident in him being able to squeeze back down to 147. but if he does, i got spence by stoppage, hes gonna take too much time and risk over training to meet 147 and will drain himself. he also baloons up in weight between fights and will be quite inactive if he meets spence. spence fought 3 times this year and is looking for one more fight before his title shot unless brook vacates and its ordered vs horn.

pacquiao - looking at his age and his history vs WWs, spence has age, height, reach, footwork, and potentially power edge on his size. at pacs age only thing hell have at his advantage is lobbying a 144 catchweight due to the size difference and A side B side.

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
                thurman - at some point hell be pressured into the fight especially if he gets past danny and unifies and brooks picks up the IBF.

Brook - in a lose/lose situation. went up in weight, and cut it to meet 160 not to be under. didnt train like a guy who could move back down IMO after that leap. had he been in there at 156-157 on the scale id be more confident in him being able to squeeze back down to 147. but if he does, i got spence by stoppage, hes gonna take too much time and risk over training to meet 147 and will drain himself. he also baloons up in weight between fights and will be quite inactive if he meets spence. spence fought 3 times this year and is looking for one more fight before his title shot unless brook vacates and its ordered vs horn.

pacquiao - looking at his age and his history vs WWs, spence has age, height, reach, footwork, and potentially power edge on his size. at pacs age only thing hell have at his advantage is lobbying a 144 catchweight due to the size difference and A side B side.
                People always make points about oh this guy can go up and just come back down like it's the easiest thing in the world to do.
                In reality, that seems to rarely work out.

Comment

keith gained absolutely nothing if he beat prospect spence.. of course hed fight him if he wins the ibf

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                    Ofc they will
                    No they won't Spence has only made 147 once for his fight with Bundu most of his other fight he coming 149 & up , so I can see him just win one belt then moving

Comment

Working...
                    X