Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only who thinks Froch/Kessler 3 is a waste of Froch's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
    It's not really a cash fight though. The 2nd fight didn't really do great numbers even when it was a fight many wanted to see.
    I could be wrong. I thought it was his second highest payday to date. looking at his prospective fights I think it would pay the most or close to it (assuming a fight with Chavez Jr can't be made because of his contract situation).

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      He put in enough work in to chose a easy bout...
      What do you call fighting George Groves twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        He was technically forced to fight both bouts by the IBF and neither fight was easy.

Comment

Not really his career is essentially over to me, he is not going to go after Ward so he can never really be the champ again.

Still is a very good fighter who is highly proven and can sell so whatever he wants to do is cool with me, him fighting Kessler is perfectly fine with me nothing Earth shattering but it would still be a decent win.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
            I really like Froch but I don't understand how he can't get motivated for a DeGale fight but he can get motivated to train for a fight against a shot fighter. He already beat him much more convincingly than Kessler did in the first fight which I actually had it at a draw.

I'm sick of the domestic fights too so is there anyone realistically that Froch can face in January that's not DeGale, Kessler or Chavez Jr?
            Kessler isn't a fight I want but what do you mean you're sick of domestic fights? Groves is a top 10 SMW and yes the rivalry was "domestic" in terms of geography but it was a world class affair between two of the best, who just so happened to be from the UK. would you call Barrera/Morales a domestic affair? lol

And DeGale has earned his shot the hard way, whether you like him or not and is in my opinion the 5th or 6th best SMW on the planet. Who should Froch fight? he's beaten everyone else.

Chavez Jr is all that's left in terms of money but he hasn't proven a damn thing at the weight.

Comment

Pointless Rematch! Would be interested if Kessler was active after losing to Froch and picked up a big win or 2 to get back on track but he hasn't fought since the last Froch fight

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Its called putting work in, Say what you want about Groves but he was a formidably foe for Froch, it wasnt an easy bout for froch at all, even though Froch won in such a dominating fashion doesn't mean it was a easy bout at all.

Comment

It'd be funny if Kessler beat him again, which is obviously possible, as all he'd have to do is tweak his performance. The 2nd fight was pretty boring though.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Kessler isn't a fight I want but what do you mean you're sick of domestic fights? Groves is a top 10 SMW and yes the rivalry was "domestic" in terms of geography but it was a world class affair between two of the best, who just so happened to be from the UK. would you call Barrera/Morales a domestic affair? lol

And DeGale has earned his shot the hard way, whether you like him or not and is in my opinion the 5th or 6th best SMW on the planet. Who should Froch fight? he's beaten everyone else.

Chavez Jr is all that's left in terms of money but he hasn't proven a damn thing at the weight.
                    Domestic meaning they are both from England fighting in England. I know it was a world class fight well the 2nd one was.

I don't know who he should fight that's why I asked in the first post lol.

Comment

Been there, done that. I would have paid for Froch vs Chavez Jr. The build up to that would have been massive, imagine the weigh in for example.

Comment

Working...
                      X