Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also why does nobody seem to fancy Mahrez? He was pretty much whoring himself around Europe in the summer and only Roma were slightly interested.

I know he was a bit patchy last season, but nobody in that team exactly covered themselves in glory.

He's looked pretty good the few times I've seen him this season. I definitely wouldn't mind Arsenal having a pop for 40-50 mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
      Mahrez made a mug of Alonso today.

I know Alonso scores goals, but there's been a few times I've seen him get absolutely pwned. Bellerin did him over in the cup final last year.
      He is extremely slow.

That said all Chelsea's problems come from the fact only Azpilicueta, Willian, and Pedro, and Kante press the ball.

Morata is getting worse. If you're playing like a lad who won a competition to be striker for Chelsea you've got to chase down centre halves in posession at least. That guy might not score again this season imo. He is hiding like Torres. Worried about him. Looks like a bum now. After his great start. Clearly a confidence player. Chelsea need a better player. Could partly be because Morata is fatigued but he shouldn't be featuring for at least a month. He's not worth it

Comment

• Alonso could've won the match for us with that last free kick. I think he has play for us the most this season with 'Dave' and of cos 'Tibor'. Chelsea need to buy a goalscorer to save our season.

I wish Mahrez is with us. He will make the right winger spot his own and let Hazard/Willian/Pedro fight for the one on the left in the 3-4-3 formation. Saying this, Conte should start with Pedro playing the false nine role, if he don't trust Batshuayi, with this formation once awhile.

Comment

• I find it hilarious that baldy has missed out on Alexis arrogantly thinking it was a foregone conclusion. Same thing happened with Dani Alves. These South Americans don't have loyalty. Money talks.

The depressing thing is that Alexis and Ozil will most likely be playing for Manure next season.

Comment

• Comment

• Good god how is Wenger still in a job.. feels like we have been saying it for the past 6/7 years now.. he'll most Arsenal fans have been saying it for the past 5 seasons..

I half expect him to stay on no matter how bad things get.. Lazzcatte looks awful.. Wallcot.. Ozil.. Sanchez will all be off soon.. Cech is 1/10th of the goalie he was at Chelsea.. What's left? Wenger certainly doesn't seem deserving of money to spend (if it's there) based on his recent track record

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                Good god how is Wenger still in a job.. feels like we have been saying it for the past 6/7 years now.. he'll most Arsenal fans have been saying it for the past 5 seasons..

I half expect him to stay on no matter how bad things get.. Lazzcatte looks awful.. Wallcot.. Ozil.. Sanchez will all be off soon.. Cech is 1/10th of the goalie he was at Chelsea.. What's left? Wenger certainly doesn't seem deserving of money to spend (if it's there) based on his recent track record
                I've been Wenger's biggest advocate in the past, but even I can't defend him anymore.

The whole club needs an overhaul; the board, the manger, the players. There's just no ambition and total complacency.

Arsenal fans aren't even angry anymore. There's no banners, aeroplanes etc. I think we've just accepted we're a million miles from the clubs above us and nothing will change for at least 18 months. The passion is been sucked out of the fans.

Comment

• Time for my monthly chuckle at that RJJ fellow who thinks Karius is the second coming of Lev Yashin. Beaten at his near post again. Kid just doesn’t have it. Decent game at Anfield.

For fans of following my misery, Orient completed a magnificent 2-1 extra time victory over a 10-man part time team who are in the relegation zone of the division below. Into the last 16 of the FA Trophy - we’ve as good as won it.

Comment

• How in the world did that happen?

Last I checked on this Pool-City match, it was 1-1. Liverpool blew the doors off this bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      He is extremely slow.

That said all Chelsea's problems come from the fact only Azpilicueta, Willian, and Pedro, and Kante press the ball.

Morata is getting worse. If you're playing like a lad who won a competition to be striker for Chelsea you've got to chase down centre halves in posession at least. That guy might not score again this season imo. He is hiding like Torres. Worried about him. Looks like a bum now. After his great start. Clearly a confidence player. Chelsea need a better player. Could partly be because Morata is fatigued but he shouldn't be featuring for at least a month. He's not worth it
                      I think that is down to the system no?

Because there are many ways to play certain formations. Like the 343, 352, 523. Conte seems to have hit a rut in how he is game planning.

I won't say it's stale but he's lacking versatility. Chelsea don't use a true 343. It's more like a 523. In a true 343, like take Cruyff's 343 style. He has the system press high and section off the pitch in 3s diagnally, which forces the long ball forward.

Chelsea don't play this way. In the 523/343 that we use, everyone sits back and it's like you said: Kante, Pedro, Willian and Azpilicueta are the only ones pressing.

Even in the 352 that he uses at Chelsea. It is nothing like the one at Juventus. At Juventus the wingbacks were more winger than fullback and pushed high up the pitch. In midfield, there was dynamic movement in Vidal, Pogba and Pirlo. Even before Pogba with Vidal-Marchisio-Pirlo. Movement. At Chelsea, you have Kante winning the ball and Bakayoko moving laterally. No one moves forward and no one finds space for the pass. Cesc uses long passes more so than any link play and Bakayoko may as well be Mikel in regards to his movement (I like Bakayoko btw). Only Hazard truly looks for intelligent space, which is why I say what I say about Hazard being indispensable for us.

Chelsea and Conte are simply figured out and we aren't adjusting to opponents knowing how we will come to play; day in and night out.

Comment

Working...
                      X