Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does McGregor have to do Saturday to have a boxing career on Sunday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think Mayweather will beat him so easily that his boxing career will be over and he will return full time to the UFC never to box again. I think Mayweather wins it by KO and probably in about 3 or 4 rounds. If sloppy boxing Diaz can hit him so easily Mayweather should make a punching bag out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I had no idea he made that much money for his UFC fights. I thought he was making about 3 million bucks a fight.
      His reported NSAC purses have been 3M or in the million dollar mark a few times, but all title holders (except Demetrious Johnson the 125lb champ who's opted out), have a backend PPV points deal thats alleged to get you into 8 figure territory if you get at least a million buys, which Conar has done 4 times.

Comment

dude has one punch, a mean straight left, and that's it. Even if he connects and gets a KD, outclassed over the fight and likely stopped will not see his boxing career extended.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Could be right, but I think if this fight gets as many PPV's as I'm expecting (5M+) then it might sound crazy, but I think Conor vs Paulie could do 1.5Mish & thats probably in that $15M+ purse region.

Assuming he does give some sort of positive assessment of himself. Saturday. And that sparring footage gets released sometime after Aug. 27.
          I say maybe 3mil PPV buys just over the Floyd vs. #38 fight. If conor can last 12 rounds & win 2 rounds against Floyd then he can have a few fights of a career in boxing....lol

Comment

Just go 12. I already seen there are odds for him vs. Malanaggi, and Malanaggis already the favorite lol!

Comment

Even if he sucks I can see him boxing Canelo again for a paycheck because **** it why not.

Comment

do yall actually think this man wants a boxing career??? this is his retirement fight

Comment

i'd say he just has to go the distance. then the next fights selling point can be 'can (insert fighter here) stop mcgregor?' and they can say mcgregors had another training camp, more experienced boxer now etc, learnt from the mayweather fight.also i think as long as he doesnt get completely embarrassed he could also fight malignaggi. trash talk and hype sells so i could see that fight happening and gaining decent figures, obviously nowhere near the mayweather fight but still decent.

Comment

Have at least one good rd. Where Con actually tries his style... until Floyd figures him out and promptly puts him to sleep.

Comment

Drop or Wobble Mayweather and do better than most expect him to do!

Comment

Working...
                      X